Software Update Doesn't Find Beta

I enrolled my Parallels clean Mojave install in the macOS Developer Beta via the Beta Utility, and when it runs software update, it simply doesn't say that it found an update available. It says that it is up-to-date with the current release version. It does say that I am enrolled in the beta in the SU preference pane. Ideas?

-Aaron

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of neostryder Down vote post of neostryder
15k views

Replies

Same here... I completed a clean install on my iMac Pro and not only can not enroll the latest beta but I could not mount my Lacie 6big drive where all my backups are... I hate it really.

Ok, glad it's not just me. Been trying for 3 days. Apple support seems completely unaware this is an issue.

Count me in, too—tried both Public and Dev beta seed packages, on both a real Mac and a virtual Mac—no joy. They just show 10.14.3 as the latest available, regardless of which beta see package I've installed. Tried rebooting, reinstalling the seed packages, etc.

Would be nice to know if 10.14.4 was pulled, or if there's something else going on.

-rob.

still not seeing the update to beta 3.... 😟

Try this in terminal

softwareupdate --reset-ignored

softwareupdate -ia

Then see if it comes up, this worked for me today to grab B3.

B3 showed up for me without any Terminal reset tricks. Very strange!

-rob.

10.14.4 Beta 3 left my 2010 Mac Pro unable to start up. Ended up taking it to an authorized tech who pronounced it dead. Would have to reformat the drive from scratch. I installed the same beta on my brand spanking new iMac and it couldn’t find the boot drive after that. I had to do an internet recovery on it and downgrade back to 10.14.3 public release.

Here's what worked for me:

1. go to the apple menu

2. Select "About This Mac".

3. Click the button for "System Update…"

4. It then forced a check for updates, and found the one there!

Fun fact, CMD+R works in the Software Update pane.

Just got a new 2019 15" MacBook Pro loaded, installed the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility. Current OS is 10.14.5 but even with developer access installed, cannot see 10.14.6 Beta 3. Any other ideas on getting it to update?

oh, there is just NO Beta 3, only Beta 1 is actual available. Have a look to the Download-Page.

beta 3 is only for iOS-Devices, Beta 2 for Watch an Apple TVs.

About a week, week and a half ago, I had a 15" 2018 Macbook Pro and found the 10.14.6 update and installed it with no problem. I was still within the return period to exchange the 2018 model for the 15" 2019 Macbook Pro. With the 2019, I've been enrolled in the developer seed program and refreshing software update since May 25. Maybe the update got pulled in between the time I first installed it on the 2018 model and the time I received my 2019 model?

I am experiencing the same thing. I used my Late 2016 as a trade in for the 2019 model and I too am enrolled in the developer program. I have 14 days to turn in my 2016 so i can apply the trade in to my 2019 purchase but I am unable to uprade my 2019 so I can move the 2016 to the 2019 laptop. Very much a pain and I wish I could figure out what the issue is or maybe 10.15 is around the corner? Anyone???

So, I was having the same problem with a 2015 MBP running 10.14.6 and a 2019 MBP running 10.14.5 and this is what solved it for me:

(1) Perform a TIme Machine backup of the older machine running the newer OS (10.14.6 in my case)

(2) Boot the newer machine running the older OS (10.14.5 in my case) into Recovery Mode (hold CMD-R during startup)

(3) Connect the Time Machine drive to the new machine and select "Restore from Time Machine Backup"

(4) Follow the prompts, wait for a while and if everything goes smoothly, you should be able to login to your new machine which will now be running the same OS as the older machine. Your documents, applications, etc., will all be exactly where they were on the old machine.

Bit of extra info: In my specific case, the Time Machine restore failed because I had a specific troublesome file (a changelog for iThoughtsX). I removed the problematic file from my 2015 MBP, made a new Time Machine backup, and then the restore process went off without a hitch on the 2019 MBP.

Hope this helps someone.

Try this:

Code Block
sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

then

Code Block
sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

• Had a similar problem with Monterey 12.3 Beta 3 and your solution worked for me. Thx.

Add a Comment