Topshelf TVContentItem title not shown

Since tvOS 12.3 Beta 4 the Topshelf of my App does randomly not show the TVContentItem Title. In some they are still shown, in most they are not.

Debugging and using NSLog() shows, that the items are set up correctly. All items are shown and it also works with a static NSString constant.

But as soon as I use [NSString stringWithFormat:...] to prepare the title, they are missing. Looks like the NSString get freed by ARC even they are still in use (assigned to the TVContainerItem).

Also - Memory usage is really low, it usually is at about 4 MB with a peak of approx 8 MB while updating the topshelf.

Any clue?

Replies

Worth to mention:

During topshelf update I collect all items in an NSMutableArray which then gets assigned to the NSArray for the topshelf using [NSArray arrayWithArray:] - But this should still preserve the NSString objects created intially.

Seems to be a bug in tvOS. If the title is wider than the image, it is not shown. For example the Movies app can't display long movie titles either.

Interesting Info, thanks... Have you already reported this as a bug?

You are right. IT is about the length of the string.

In earlier versions the String would scroll in reading direction - now it is simply invisible.

I made a small sample about this issue and wanted to use Radar - but oh no... we now have feedback - and this has ugly bugs. I can't enter the tvOS build number, klicking on it give a menu that only allows tvOS 13 build number to be selected - and at the end it complains, that the field was not set... huh?? Apple, please fix this asap