Update nor showing up in AppStore

Even after being 'Ready for sale' for 12 hours now, an app update is still not showing up in the AppStore for some reason... The AppStore delivers the previous version, although everything seems to be fine in iTunes Connect. The new version is 'Ready for sale' and I already tried to remove the app from sale and added it back again, but that does not make a change. All contracts are fine, all dates are set properly. It seems to me that the update somewhere hangs in the process of getting live...

Anybody else with the same trouble? Any idea how to kick the update to finally appear on the AppStore?

Replies

Ditto, we just experienced this in our latest Fuze Mobile 5.7.0 release. The app shows 5.7.0 Ready for Sale on App Store Connect, however the App Store still shows the prior version 5.5.0 published 2 months ago. It has been 24 hours.

I normally always choose to Distribute manually. But this time, I decided to Distribute automatically. It's the only time ever I select automatic distribution, to supposedly distribute faster... it ironically backfired.

I reached out to Apple Support from the App Store Connect site > Contact Us link at the bottom of the page > App Set Up and Distribution > Binary Delivery and Processing (or any category besides Other) > Phone Call with an Apple Support rep in under a minute.

I am currently on the Apple Support call. I referenced this thread to the rep, saying the suggested resolution if for Apple to retrigger the distribution of the app as mentioned above on this thread. I'll update with resolution.

Update: the Apple rep spoke to the supervisor, she confirmed they are currently experiencing issues with app distribution. We are not the only app that has hit this. They are working on resolution, and looking to re-propagate the app versions that are stuck.

She asked to sit tight and wait, the issue should be resolved in the next 24 hours. Otherwise she asked that I call them again tomorrow same time.

oh wow.. thank you for sharing!

my app has been "released" for over 21 hours now and still not showing up...

edit: ironically it's the first time I selected "automatic release" as well to get the app released faster.... 😢

edit2: they should clearly consider updating their status page, which still lists everything in green - https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

We're currently experiencing the exact same situation with an update of our app. It's quite a pitty because our official release is planned for Monday and we need to get that update going live now.

Im having the same issue multiple apps. I released an app on April 15th, it took two days and Apple intervention to show up. I released another app update yesterday morning and still not showing up 1.5 days later. In the past updating the promotions field forces a reindex and the app shows up shortly. This time no luck. I have 26 apps and have not seen this issue until recently. Did Apple just hire a bunch a newbies? I gave up on contacting support after my last experience..

Same here. Got one app approved and Ready for Sale yesterday, May 15. And now the second app got approved this morning and yet doesn’t show up. Apple servers status shows nothing (((

Same here , Update got approved and Ready For Sale since 27 hours and still showing the old version on the AppStore.Tried to remove from sale and release again but not fixed. Called Apple Support and asked to wait for the end of the day. The has has ended but issue still persists.

Same here, app updated is ready for sale for 48 hours and still not visible on the store.

Update

It's now been 48 hours, and the published version of our app is still not showing on the App Store. I contacted Apple Support again today, after they told me yesterday to wait 24 hours and call them again.

They told me the same thing today that they said yesterday. "There is nothing we can do, you have to wait another 24 hours." At which I said this is unacceptable, I have thousands of customers, hundreds of thoursands of end users awaiting our update, I cannot simply keep telling them "Wait another 24 hours" every day. The rep then tried to patch me to a supervisor, but even she was placed on hold for 10 minutes, and came back to apologize to me that she could not get ahold of a supervisor herself. Apparently she is going to escalate this using email, because doing it over the phone is not working.

Short of it is, we are still on the old version 48 hours later.

I tweeted about it here https://twitter.com/hadic_lb/status/1129449614430617600 to the @AppleSupport and @AppStore accounts, in case that can help raise visibility on how blocking this is for us and other app developers. Feel free to share and pile on.

Update

Our new release is finally propagated on the App Store. It may have been the email escalation suggested by the rep that helped make it happen.

Same issue right now. Waiting for 12 hours now. The version is still not showing up in the store but the AppStoreConnect says 'Ready for Sale'

Same issue here. Going on 14 hours.

Here's how to make your update appear on the App Store.

• Select 'My Apps'.

• Select your app with the non-appearing update.

• Select tab 'Pricing and Availability'.

• Select 'Plan a price change'.

• Choose the price (if it is free, select free), and set start date to 'Today' and end date to 'No End Date'.

• Select 'Done' and 'Save'.

After you have completed these steps, check the App Store and you will see your update appear.

I hope this helps.

Harry.

Same issue here. Going on 18 hours.

Why this issue keeps happened...

My App is in "ready for sale" status for 23 hours and still not showed up with "Update" button at AppStore.