El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

Accepted Reply

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

Replies

Yup... Same here...

And opening my project in Xcode 7 is a no-go for me, because it asks me to convert all my code to Swift 2.0.

If anyone has a fix, I'll be glad to use it.

Definitely the problem is with storyboards/xib files. I tend to believe this is a bug because it's not a Xcode 6 thing only. If not, I hope tomorrow appears a working version of Xcode 6 in addition to the Xcode 7 new beta because it would be a disaster for me if not.

I'd be shocked if we got an Xcode 6 update. If you need 6 before the next ElCap beta, I'd suggest a partition with Yose or virtualized.

Same problem here. Clean reinstall of Xcode 7 but cannot build anything after installing El Capitan Beta 6.

This does appear to be an issue involving Interface Builder specifically. Funny enough, since beta6 actually fixes a fair number of layout issues for me... in code already compiled.

Same here, both broken. I'm gonna have a banana and wait. Why don't they release everything together?

Same here, both broken.

My Xcode 6.4 would crash after open the project. xcode 7 still work, but some xib could be open. unable to work now and want some solution.

The same here, Xcode-beta with el Capitan beta 6

In this thread, user Dev claims he's been able to fix it by reinstalling the OS. I'm still waiting for him to confirm if he indeed reinstalled beta 6 again.

If someone is willing/desperate enough to give this a go, let me know!

this is not serious at all, my yesterday evening and night till 4 morning was ruined by Beta 6, thank's apple....

Same issue here... T.T;

Anyone solve this issue?

Reinstalled ElCap from scratch. Updated up to 6. Still doesn't work. It would have worked if I didn't install update 6. Update 6 is what breaks both XCodes.

Reinstall - don't install beta 6, or install a separate partition... only fix I have found.