CloudKit sends notification to small percentage of subscribed users

Hey!

When my app starts, it fetch and save subscription to public database. There are no filters and the trigger is INSERT and UPDATE. I want to use that mechanism to push messages to users.

During TestFlight beta (on less then 200 devices) everything was fine. After release only small percentage receive notifications (even my own don't receive it). Based on info from CloudKit dashboard, max. ~500 notifications are sent from the server :/

Public Database Usage from the dashboard shows 10K daily active users. The app was updated on >150K devices.

Replies

Is this my problem? I am getting 100 users receiving push notices. But some are not. Is there a limit?

I am facing the same issue. Have you fixed it ? Can you share ? Many thanks !

I have not been able to solve my problem. I used a ticket and in the resulting discussion DTS was unable to identify any problems with my code or approach. They suggested that I reset my iCloud container using a Bug Report. I have requested that reset a few days ago and have gotten no response as yet.

My app uses 3 almost identical CKQuerySubscriptions. On my device only 1 of those 3 is firing when all 3 should be firing. I see on the dashboard that other users are getting all three firing. I do not know whether there are other users out there who are not getting all 3 firing.

Hi,

I also filed a requested to apple few days ago. There are arrounds 300+ subscriptions for the apps. However, only 50+ push notifications had been send out according to the cloudkit dashboard log. Actually, I want to contact apple developer directly thru the phone. However, I cannot find any contact.

My bug report is #50028123

Please file a bug report and reference my number.

After many emails to many people I seem to have gotten some attention. My numbers rose from 50 APNs to 800 APNs. That may be the corrrect number, I don't know, but there are some subscriptions that still don't fire. And they go out at only 6 per second.

My bug report is#50111310. The feedback is still waiting for investigation.

After many inquiries with various people at DTS and elsewhere there was action from the CloudKit team to my Bug Report. Over a few days the number of pushes resulting from a subscription firing increased from 100 to 2318 - with little change in my user numbers. Feedback from DTS was that "the capacity of CloudKit APNs for my app has now been increased so it exceeds the app's needs". That may be correct - there may be only 2318 user requesting a particular subscription. I have updated the app so that users now write their subscription request to their User record. I can then query the User records using the CloudKit dashboard and see how many users should be getting a push.