Apple Developer Program account under investigation

So I recently submitted my app for app store review and they rejected it with the following message in resolution center :

We are unable to continue this app’s review because your Apple Developer Program account is currently under investigation for not following the App Store Review Guidelines’ Developer Code of Conduct.

Common practices that may lead to an investigation include, but are not limited to:

• Inaccurately describing an app or service

• Misleading app content

• Engaging in inauthentic ratings and reviews manipulation

• Providing misleading customer support responses

• Providing misleading responses in Resolution Center

• Engaging in misleading purchasing or bait-and-switch schemes

• Engaging in other dishonest or fraudulent activity within or outside of the app

During our investigation, we will not review any apps you submit. Once we have completed our investigation, we will notify you via Resolution Center.We do not require any additional information from you at this time, nor do we have any additional details to share. We appreciate your continued patience during our investigation.

Best regards,

App Store Review

Its been 10 days and I havent heard from Apple. I tried to submit an appeal asking why i was put under investigation.None of my other has been on sale for more than 6 months because I took them down as I was busy. All they said was that i should remain patient and that tehy will let me know in resolution center.

If anyone else has faced this issue then please let me know how it goes. This is getting very troublesome.

If you in a condition similar to mine then please keep this thread updated I'll keep this post updated with whatever replies I get from apple.

Replies

My message is totally same with you. From:  Apple Date: 2019/4/26, 1:54 AM Hello, We are unable to continue this app’s review because your Apple Developer Program account is currently under investigation for not following the App Store Review Guidelines’ Developer Code of Conduct. Common practices that may lead to an investigation include, but are not limited to: • Inaccurately describing an app or service • Misleading app content • Engaging in inauthentic ratings and reviews manipulation • Providing misleading customer support responses • Providing misleading responses in Resolution Center • Engaging in misleading purchasing or bait-and-switch schemes • Engaging in other dishonest or fraudulent activity within or outside of the app During our investigation, we will not review any apps you submit. Once we have completed our investigation, we will notify you via Resolution Center. We do not require any additional information from you at this time, nor do we have any additional details to share. We appreciate your continued patience during our investigation. Best regards, App Store Review My app is a paid standalone game with no in app purchase, no AD, no network Access.use cocos2dx framework

And I just received a new message. Which means nothing Hello, We understand your concern regarding this investigation. However, your account is still under investigation and no action has been taken against it at this time. We are investigating your apps, account, and any related accounts to ensure compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines, Developer Code of Conduct, and Apple Developer Program License Agreement. Once we have completed our investigation, we will notify you via Resolution Center of any next steps. If we require any additional information about your app or account, we will contact you. We appreciate your continued patience during our investigation. Best regards, App Store Review

2 hours ago my game is also rejected due to same reason. I tried to update my game 3 days ago and initially it was rejected due to

"Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed:" Similar to this link

I replied in Resolution Center and now they sent me this message. Just saw this thread and i think a lot developers are facing this problem.

Has anyone received the investigation outcome? Don't know what's the problem.

I just recieved a response in app store connect saying

Hello,

We understand your concern regarding this investigation. However, your account is still under investigation and no action has been taken against it at this time. We are investigating your apps, account, and any related accounts to ensure compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines, Developer Code of Conduct, and Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

Once we have completed our investigation, we will notify you via Resolution Center of any next steps.

If we require any additional information about your app or account, we will contact you. We appreciate your continued patience during our investigation.

Best regards,

App Store Review

However this is pretty much useless. I really wish there was some investigation related support document available. I tried to contact apple and spoke to them on the phone twice. they too just told me to wait

I think it is only affecting game devs as of now

DId you get this message on first submision :

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata

2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

3.2.1 - Do not come from the financial institution performing the loan services

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.2.3 - Facilitate illegal file sharing or include the ability to save, convert, or download media from third party sources without explicit authorization from those sources

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines. You may reply to this message in Resolution Center or the App Review Information section in App Store Connect to verify this app’s compliance.

Given the tendency for apps of this type to violate the aforementioned guidelines, this review will take additional time. If at any time we discover that this app is in violation of these guidelines, the app will be rejected and removed from the App Store, and it may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account.

Should you choose to resubmit this app without confirming this app’s compliance, the next submission of this app will still require a longer review time. Additionally, this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until we have received your confirmation.

I also use cocos2dx and had this investigation message. I sent the game for review within 2 weeks, and the guys from Apple are still investigating, but I haven’t received any detailed answers. I wonder if this could be because my game uses OpenGL instead of Metal?

Yes same message. And also i submitted the game update.

In your view what are the possible outcomes? Is Apple going to do the same as GP did same time last year?

I dont have the slightest idea brother. This happened to me for the first time

I have no idea what GP is? Can you inform us about it?

I think he means google play

Correct

Please update us when you get any responce. i'll do the same. Tense time 😟

In the meantime I am going to publish to google play.

Hello, I have received the same message 5 days ago. Did someone get any news?