Is there a minimum size allowed for coordinate region of a map view object?

Is there a limit on how small the coordinate region of an MKMapView object can be? I set a coordinate region to a map view to 20x20 meters, and it clearly shows a region much larger than that.

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

isScrollEnabled is set to true by default. I figured out that if I run that code to set the coordinate region again, the second time it works. It doesn't work the first time.

Thanks for the help.

Replies

Are you talking about a large or small display area? Higher or lower zoom?

Because I don't think a coordinate region is displayed without those additional factors, so...while you can define a 20m x 20m region, as an example, you also need to pair that with values for display area and zoom - or have you done that already and can't get down to just your desired region all alone?

Minimum size is a 1 meter tile, I think.

Yes, there are limits, and the value varies by map region based on things like available imagery or Flyover data. When you set the coordinate region, the framework will adjust the value you set to be as close as possible to the orginial value, but will apply corrections (including using a larger region) if the coordinate region specified can't be used.

What do I need to do to make the map view take my smaller coordinate region?

Try applying a zoom, say 2x, for starters, then adjust as needed.

Go to the mapview docs here, then keyword search on: zoom