Replying to an message just read by Siri

Our app has supported the Siri messaging APIs for some time now and all was working well up until recently. It seems something changed in SiriKit when replying to a read message.

Scenario..

1. Ask siri to read unread messages from <appname>
  2. An unread message is found and read
  3. Siri calls the SetMessageAttributeIntentHandler to mark the message read
  4. Siri asks the user if they would like to reply; the user says "yes"
  5. Siri calls SendMessageIntentHandler resolveRecipients. The recipients property on the INSendMessageIntent are empty!? 😕
  6. The user is shown the UI for the reply. The UI's To: field is empty. (our app does not provide a custom UI for Siri purposes)
  7. The user is prompted for a recipient even though they are replying to a read message. Even worse, no matter the recipient given by the user the reply will be sent to the sender of the read message 😮

I found if the SearchForMessagesIntentHandler handle method does not return a conversationIdentifier the sender will show up in the recipients field in step #5. However, we would like to keep the conversationIdentifier. Can someone please clarify how this is supposed to work now?

Replies

Did you ever get clarification on this issue? Looking to solve a similar problem.

Thanks!

I was asked to open a bug report but nothing ever happened with it. Instead I changed my implementation to work around this problem.