how to communicate hardware device through wifi

how to communicate hard ware device through wifi in our developing app is possible are not

Replies

how to communicate hard ware device through wifi in our developing app is possible are not

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re ask here. Communicating with a Wi-Fi accessory is a large topic, potentially involving both Wi-Fi APIs and networking APIs. If you post more information about your specific issue, I should be able to offer more advice.

In the meantime, QA1942 iOS Wi-Fi Management APIs gives a good overview of the current Wi-Fi APIs. And, there are a lot of networking APIs, but the two I generally recommend are:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

we are using wifi module(esp8266) which is fixed to hardware devices i want to communicate thard hardware device through wifi in our developing app in swift xcode programitically

Is possible to get list of wifi's near to me in our developing APP and inthat list off wifi's, i want to connect wifi Module (esp8266) and to communicate that wifi module. is it possible directly? or is there any alternative processs?

It’s hard to answer this question because… well… you’ve not asked a questions. My recommendation is that you break this problem down into steps, research the APIs I referenced in my previous post, and then get back to use when have a specific problem.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

ok i am asking another question

we are using bluetooth(bm20) in this bluetooth there are 2 characterstics one is for audio speaker another for communication.

we want to connect that bluetooth module through our developing app but that bluetooth is connected through inbuit bluetooth is given in ipad,iphone.

is there any code to connect bm20 through our developing app?

otherwise we are connecting by inbuilt bluetooth and we can communicate that bluetooth through our developing App?

If you have detailed Bluetooth questions, I recommend that you ask them over in Core OS > Bluetooth, where you’re more likely to connect up with Bluetooth experts.

Speaking as not a Bluetooth expert, I’ve no idea whether the bm20 component you’re referring to supports classic Bluetooth or Bluetooth LE. If it’s the latter, you should be able to talk to it via Core Bluetooth. If it’s the former, things get more challenging.

iOS does not have a general purpose API for classic Bluetooth. Your options are:

• If the device speaks an industry-standard protocol that’s integrated into iOS’s higher-level API, you can talk to it via those APIs. For example, apps can receive keyboard events from a Bluetooth keyboard via the standard UIKit keyboard mechanism.

• If you’re building an accessory under the aegis of the MFi developer programme, you can make your accessory available via the ExternalAccessory framework.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

That BM20 is fixed to PCB(printed circuit Board) which can operate through characteristics write and read,but that BM20 is connected by settings app,if it connected by setting app.and how to read and write for that bluetooth module in our developing app is possible are not