TestFlight: Couldn't install on Apple Watch

I can install the watch app on my

iPhone
using Xcode fine (adHoc install also works). But, I get the following error when I (or my beta testers) try to install the watch app using TestFlight.

Error: "Couldn't install <app_name> on Apple Watch"

I found this message on the console. The provisioning profiles are handled by Xcode automatically. Previous build of this app had no problem with the Watch app installation via TestFlight, but now even previous builds in TestFlight refuse to install the watch app.

Watch Install Update (for iOSAppID: ***, iOSBuildID: ***, buildVersion: 4.1.5 (16)):
Could not find a matching profile. Profile bundleIDs: (
"***.watchkitapp.watchkitextension",
"***.watchkitapp",
"***.watchkitapp.watchkitextension.WatchOSIntents"
)

Replies

I’m experiencing the same problem with multiple apps. Current and previous versions did work even a week ago but stopped in the past few days.

Also experiencing this as of the last week. Do you have any special characters in your app name? Supposedly that may be related. More info: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-iOS/issues/294

Same thing. Contacted Apple Developer Support, tried opening a Technical Support Incident with DTS and filed a radar #50346984. Nothing yet.

DTS responded today and directed me to App Store Connect Support. I think the problem is the TestFlight app which was updated recently. I spent too many hours on this and I have tried many things. Each try takes at least one hour because you need to build, submit and wait for it to becomes available in TestFlight. I'm hesistant to release the update without my beta testers being able to actually test the Watch app.

Same here, have been going crazy trying to fix.

Started a few days ago.

Yep, I have Cocoapods extensions as well.

Just spoke to Developer Support. They advised that opening a TSI won't help because this issue isn't related to our apps (most likely). They've asked me to provide a bunch of information which I'll be doing shortly and also suggested that anyone experiencing this issue to call into developer support (there's a option under Distribution for TestFlight) and report this issue to them.

Also using CocoaPods here. Checking their GitHub issues doesn't show anything opened for this yet.

Based on this StackOverflow post it appears that this is related to CocoaPods.

Thanks for the update. I'm in the UK so will ring them in the morning when they are open.

Here is how you can call Apple Support about this isseu:

https://developer.apple.com/contact/#!/topic/SC1104/subtopic/30042/solution/CALL/details

Data point: I'm having this problem, but I don't have any CocoaPods in my Watch app or extension. I do have some in my iOS app.

It was working a couple of weeks ago.

Testflight says it was updated "2w ago."

If I try to install my app from the Watch app, it just spins forever.

Can you check with Console.app what error you are seeing from "appconduitd"? I hope it is of the similar format to others we've seen like

-[ACXDeviceConnectionClient fetchInfoForApplicationWithBundleID:forDeviceWithPairingID:completion:]: 424: No watch app found with bundle ID org.cocoapods.Surge

Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing, except in my case, it's the actual bundle ID for the app and not "cocoapods."