App Rejected - Guideline 3.2.2 offer wall

Hi,

My app is like a trivia game, every screen is a question, and user progress from one screen to the next.

until recently i used IAP to unlock the next x sceens/questions.

later i removed the IAP and instead i added a rewarded video every x screens, if the user complete watching the video he can continue to the next screens.

yeasterday i added tapjoy's sdk, to show thier rewarded videos and this is what i got from the review team:

Guideline 3.2.2 - Business - Other Business Model Issues - Unacceptable

Your app includes content or features that can manipulate the user reviews or chart ranking on the App Store. Specifically, the Tapjoy offer wall in your app may incentivize users to download other apps in order to receive points or currency.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove any features or functionality that may incentivize users to download other apps, specifically revise your app to remove the Tapjoy offer wall.

i'm not sure why they are talking about offerwalls as im pretty sure i'm only using rewarded videos, but anyway

am i doing something wrong here?

even if i was using offerwall, is it not allowed?

are rewarded videos not allowed?

i'm very confused because pretty much every free game i saw uses rewarded videos, but maybe i'm missing something.

appreciate any help

thanks

Replies

>maybe i'm missing something.

Maybe review is now taking a harder line and pushing back by actively rejecting submissions using that model.

Just because an example is already in the store is no promise of what will/won't be rejected/accepted going forward.

I'd also expect existing apps to be at risk by removal and/or blocked during updates.

Hi,

We encounter the same problem (twice in 2 days !!!) and we don't use Tapjoy at all. (and no Offerwall too).

I'm pretty sure that the rejection is from a bot. We use video rewarded but not a lot and not at the first experience.

What did you do ? Did you appeal the app rejection ? How can we resolve this problem ?

Hi,

So after contacting Tapjoy's support i was told they had an issue with Apple and that the issue was just resolved.

I send a message to the review team, and indeed after a day my version (same binary) was approved.

good luck 🙂

Hi, same here.

What did you reply to the review team?

Regards

just told them i contacted Tapjoy and what they told me and if there still an issue just let me know.

Thanks for the answer 🙂

How long took them to answer you?

Regards

Apple moved to pending developer release without any explanation ^_^

How to solve it?