Apple Mach-O Linker Error

Hello together,
im new in this forum. I just have some problem to test one of my apps.

As soon as i press the play button to build and run my current scheme, i get this Apple Mach-O Linker Error. Shortly, after that, xcodes shuts down with an unkown exception. In detail:

ld: file not found: /Users/krax/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/machdeinradio-ciravbeaotcxtdgilonsjeqfnxix/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/machdeinradio.app/Contents/MacOS/machdeinradio

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

If i open the folder (/Users/krax/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/machdeinradio-ciravbeaotcxtdgilonsjeqfnxix/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/) i find an app file machdeinradio.app but no folder (machdeinradio.app/Contents/MacOS/machdeinradio).

Could anybody help?

Best regards

Bekx

Replies

This was a really finnicky error for me to solve, but eventually I was able to get it all worked out. Hopefully, it isn't as tedious for you as it was for me. But just in case, I'll just share everything I dealt with. At least for me, the error came from the library and framework pathways not being properly recognized, basically. Under the main project menu/the "standard editor", there is a submenu called "Search Paths." Under that there should be the pathways for both the framework and the library. Simplest thing is just to delete the pathways. Then run your app again, and hopefully it will work. There was another way, but I don't recall, and I am having a hard time finding the reference that I used to learn it. If the first suggestion does not work for you, lemme know, I will probably have found the other solution by then. Good luck to you!!

Oh I just found it! Here is what I used to solve the issue that I had. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16644982/apple-mach-o-linker-warning-directory-not-found

Feel kinda guilty that its from a different forum, but whatever, as long as it solves the problem I suppose.

Recommend that you:

Mark te answer with the correct answer so others will recognize the solution

Add the essential parts of the fix (as the link may go away at any time)

It work for me!!