Playground crashes on XCode 10.2 but not 10.1

Hi, I submitted my scholarship application on Sunday and it worked perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro with XCode 10.1. I updated to XCode 10.2 earlier today and when trying to run my playground, it simply crashes with "expression failed to parse, unknown error". I even tested on an iMac that still had 10.1 and it worked perfectly fine. Will the testers use XCode 10.1 or 10.2?

Replies

Your Swift playground must be fully functioning and run on Swift Playgrounds 2.2 or Xcode 10.1. They will test on 10.1

I'm having the same "expression failed to parse, unknown error" with a bunch of playgrounds in Xcode 10.2 (and today's 10.2.1) that used to work fine in Xcode 10.1. Does anyone have any tips for finding more information about what failed? The thing in common for all my playgrounds that are now failing is that they import a framework of mine that's in the same workspace. That is, I've been working for the last year or two successfully with one workspace that has: a framework with targets for macOS, iOS, and tvOS; five apps that import that framework and each have three targets for the same platforms; and eight macOS playgrounds that import the framework and used to work fine for testing and experimenting with the framework. Since upgrading to 10.2 the playgrounds all give this error with no clue about what to do. Frustrating, inscrutable error message!

TIA for any help.

-Andy

If you start a new thread with the details over in Xcode > Playgrounds, I’ll take a look.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Oops, sorry I didn't notice this was in WWDC Scholarships. I started a new thread in Xcode Playgrounds. Many thanks.

-Andy