macOS App Store Review dialog says "Enjoying (null)?"

I just released an update to my app which calls SKStoreReviewController.requestReview() after the app has been run a number of times.

This has been working fine with no issues, up until this most recent version that was just released. I've had reports from users who are saying the review request dialog is popping up and instead of saying "Enjoying PeakHour 4?" like it used to, it now says "Enjoying (null)?".

There isn't anywhere I can find to set the name of the app (other than in Info.plist) and I didn't change any of the code around requestReview() in this most recent update. That leads me to suspect something changed in the most recent Xcode 10.2 / macOS SDK update from last week.

Is anyone else seeing this wierd behavior?

Replies

We are experiencing the very same issue. I just wanted to note you're not alone 😉

Sounds like kind of a Zen moment when you are enjoying null.

I've had a customer report this too.

yup, same here, macOS Mojave 10.14.4. Taking it out of my app again. Ugh.

Same here. I found this during testing, thankfully before it shipped to customers. 10.14.4. I don't think it's specific to the latest Xcode version, as I'm still building on version 10.1 and am seeing this issue.
If anyone from Apple could tell us when this is expected to be fixed, that'd be terrific.

This is just a random App Store failure. If you try it again, it will probably work fine.

Am experiencing the same issue on our macOS app as of today building on v10.14.4 using Xcode 10.2.1. Worked previously without issue but the prompt now asks "Enjoying (null)?" in a development build.

No code changes were made... so it either seems like an OS issue and/or an App Store issue.

As it's been over a month since the first report – has anyone seen any resolution or been able to fix it for their apps?

Me too.