Testers not getting invites or notifications after TestFlight update

I came across the TestFlight update in Itunes Connect today after uploading a new build to my app

Even though the app was shown under TestFlight menu, with Itunes Connect users listed, none of those users were notified of the new build

Of the 6 iTunes Connect testers, 4 had a status of Invited Resend Invite, 2 had status of Installed, but with no version/build number shown

Ive tried removing/adding iTunes Connect testers withut any change

Also if I click Resend Invite for one of the users, an invitation email is sent with "View in Testflight" link, which opens Testflight app & popup showing the correct version/build for the app with install button, when I tap the install button I see alert "Unable to Accept Invite" "Youve already accepted the invite for this app".

Any suggestions on how to get the latest TestFlight working would be most appreciated

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of skelly Down vote post of skelly
17k views

Replies

The same issue

Actually, in my case, the build says no invitations were sent. But when I look at the internal testers list, they all say invited, AND more importantly, there is no link to resend invites. (As there is on other apps and builds)

But in general I have the same issue 😟

I finally gave up on TestFlight since they won't fix their bugs. I had the same issues. I use hockeyapp.net now for beta testing.

We have the same problem here.
Has anyone received an answer to fix this issue?

The following workaround worked for me

1. At iTunes Connect, remove testers from iTunes Connect Users for the app

2. Delete the existing app from iPhone/iPad

3. Open TestFlight app, select the app icon, then select "Stop Testing"

4. At iTunes Connect add the tester back into the iTunes Connect Users group

User then receives TestFlight email as normal

Hope this helps

skelly: does each tester have to do the workaround you describe?

What worked was ensuring that the new TestFlight user did not have a production version of the application already on their device(s).

I only had to follow the following steps:

1. Remove the tester from the iTunes Connect Users for the app.

2. Delete the app from their device(s).

3. Add the ***** to the iTunes Connect Users for the app.

I was having same issue regarding external testers. I'm new to all this so was unclear how to update my testers. Tester 1 said he never got anything, Tester 2 said he would check his email and app later. Tester 1 suggested that I resend invite. I had no way to do this, except to delete and add him again. When I did, I saw that next to his "Status" it said "No Build Available". Long story short, I resolved by clicking the "Builds" tab next to tester then clicking the PLUS sign next to Build(0) and under the "Select a Build to Test" clicking on the check radio next to the build. At that point add/next was no longer grayed out. Everything after that seems to be working and my re-added Tester 1 now showed "Invited -- Resend Invite" ....

Hope this helps someone else, even if that someone is the future me. 🙂

By Deleting the app worked