CloudKit server sends push notification to max. 500 devices

I've released the app with push notifications based on insert/update in the CloudKit public database. Everything was fine during TestFlight tests – devices received notifications (inluding my own).

After App Store release I've noticed that none of the devices that my friends and I own receive notifications. The app was already updated on more than 160K devices.

The app doesn't fetch anything from the database because all required fields from the entity are attached to the notification. I thought that, maybe public database request limits are exceeded.

I've checked the Telemetry section in the CloudKit Dashboard and it looks like it can sends max 500 notifications per some magical period of time. There is no errors in log.

Of course none of the devices I have in my home received the notification. Any ideas why this happens? Are there any non-documented limits of CloudKit Push Notifications?

Replies

Can you please direct me to the source of this:

> I've checked the Telemetry section in the CloudKit Dashboard and it looks like it can sends max 500 notifications per some magical period of time.

Can anyone confirm or refute it?

Do you know anything more about this secret limit? Is this why I am getting ony 100 users listed as receiving AONs after a CKQuerySubscription?