Unable to upgrade to Xcode 10.2

I am currently running Xcode 10.1, the Mac AppStore lists Xcode 10.2 but it only gives me the option to open Xcode. Under compatibility it says "Works with this Mac Pro". My environment is a clean install from about 2 months ago. How can I force the AppStore to upgrade Xcode.

Replies

I'm having the exact same issue, running the same version of Xcode.

I am also having this problem. The update showed up on my macbook pro in app store but am having this problem with imac. I guess one could delete the xcode 10.1 and it then might be allowed to download?

Try this:

When in App Store click on the Store menu, then Reload Page. When I did this, then the Xcode 10.2 update showed up and I was able to download it.

Go to App Store, go to Updates page, THEN click Reload Page. I did it just once, and now XCode 10.2 update shows up.

Thanks alfamsome2, the App Store-->Updates page-->Menu Store-->Reload page Trick worked for me as well !!

In my case, Xcode tries since 3 days to download.... Seems a bit overloaded... I keep being patient...

Thank you so much for sharing this tip. When I went to the Mac App Store and looked at Xcode it just had an "open" button, but that opened 10.1. Under the updates tab I had no updates listed. So confusing.

For me, it just keeps looping between downloading 2.9 GB and 6.x GB for the update but never install the update. How can I install the update after it is downloaded? I am using xcode 10.1.

This has happened to me a few times in the past. I just delete the installed xcode and do a new install.

It is so very messed up that i spent an hour finding this answer. I restarted, cleared cache etc... and i needed to go to update page and "reload page"... Thank you for sharing this, but wow - talk about a horrible and non-intuative experience...

You also need to be running MacOs Mohave.

Open App Store -> click on Update -> CMD+R (Page Releoad) works also for me. The 10.2 Update is now visible ...

Thanks - amzing tip - shame the UX/UI here is a failure - Apple!!!!

Same here.... Mac Mini late 2012 + MacOS Mojave. Can’t work because it’s installing.

You can go here -> https://developer.apple.com/download/

download newest xcode