How to correctly deactivate Testflight for App transfer

Hello!

I would like to initiate an App transfer for one of my Apps. When I click the "Transfer App" button I get a message telling me that one criteria is not met: “You must turn off TestFlight beta testing for the app that you want to transfer”. I turned off Testflight by checking the checkbox "Not Available for Testing" for Internal and External testers. Unfortunately I still get the same critertia not met message.

After a google search I found out that I might have encountered this bug:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32906771/itunesconnect-cannot-transfer-app-because-of-you-must-turn-off-testflight-beta/32909981#32909981

Does anybody have a solution for this? Since the discussion was started already on Oct 2nd and there is still no real workaround/answer for it I am not sure if I didn't miss something else when turning off Testflight.

Is there anything else to do besides setting Internal and External testing to "Not Available for Testing" or is this indeed a bug in iTunes Connect which hasn't been fixed for over 2 months now?

Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of domhof Down vote post of domhof
55k views

Replies

I don't know if this will help anybody, but after a few minutes, I completely closed my iTunesConnect window (perhaps it helps is you completely log out), and got back in. Ta-dah! my criteria was suddenly and magically met.

Hello guys,

It works now, you just have to :

• remove all External Beta tesflight users;
  • remove all builds from Testflight Beta testing;
  • clear all info from Test Flight Contact Information.

Voila!

Cheers,

L

It works for me. Thanks

If you already removed the application from Test flight and clear any Test information:

On Test flight, under Test information there is a text box. Enter some text and then delete the text so it is blank.

Then Save

Try the transfer again. It worked for me

Thanks Very Much. This Helped Me

I am facing same problem

Was experiencing this very same issue for an entire day.

Had removed all Testflights builds, and deleted all info from Test Information, but still it claimed to be "Criteria Not Met".

But just spoke to developer support on the phone, and found a fix that they say is the solution 98% of the time.

>> In the Test Flight Test Information Tab, look in the top right hand corner to see if there are any additional localizations currently active. If there are, clear all the information (under Test Information) for all of them, and the transfer should work.

Hope that helps, it helped me!

This helped me. I actually only had English (US) as the only language.

I added English (UK) and made it primary. Then deleted English (US).

Then added English (US) again, made it primary then deleted English (UK).

Clicked Save and was finally aple to transfer.

Hi,

I'm not able to expire 2 old builds.. their versions (your first step) are greyed out, can't click.

Do you have some idea?

The solution above has helped me

Frustrating for 1.5 hours and finally found this. Thanks.

this worked for me as well!

Hey,

I struggled with this for an entire day, I tried everything and finally found another workaround:

1) Expire all the builds

2) Delete all testers

3) Clear all the informations in the Testflight tab

4) Delete all langages except the main one

And finally the step which fixed the Testflight criteria for us

5) Create a new app version (no need to submit or even edit it)

This fixed it for us even if it makes no sense. Apple should really fix this or at least give this workaround to their inneffective support team...

I can confirm, you have to clean the entire Testlight tab.

In our case we haven't even run a Testflight, but Appstore Connect does include every build now automatically. So just click on the build and hit the 'Expire Build' button for each. This won't affect your live app or anything.

No need to create a new app version as said by louiscroquet.

I have make this and still not working!