I am getting validation error message creating sandbox tester account.

I am having trouble creating a sandbox tester account in App Store. I keep getting an error message saying there are one or more validation errors when I click on "Invite", but there are no indications of any errors. None of the fields are marked with red for an error.

What is going on? Is there a limit of the number of sandbox tester accounts I can create? Is anyone else having trouble with this?

Accepted Reply

I did a bug report, and they told me that when you create a sandbox tester account, that email address you use is considered an Apple ID, and an email confirmation is sent to that email address and you have to click on the link or button in that email address to confirm your Apple ID.

Replies

I am facing the exactly same problem. I inspected the network requests and in the POST request "https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/iris/v1/userInvitations" the response is:

{
  "errors" : [ {
    "id" : "dd7b9258-d992-41db-a9fc-fdd18557db80",
    "status" : "409",
    "code" : "ENTITY_ERROR.ATTRIBUTE.INVALID",
    "title" : "The provided entity includes an attribute with an invalid value",
    "detail" : "Individual can't have provisioning privilege.",
    "source" : {
      "pointer" : "/data/attributes/provisioningAllowed"
    }
  } ]
}

I tried with an Apple ID associated account and one that is not associated. Also, the developer account that I am trying to give access didn't not have two-factor authtentication enabled.

+1 exact same issue. Currently, it is not possible to add a new member/a test user to apple connect. and you have to wait for app review if you pick external testers.

Same for me, I can't grant the access to a new developer or administrator.The same error is appearing "there are one or more validation errors".

Now I'm getting the same issue...
Anyone can tell me the solution for that?

+1... I've been having this for days and can't find a solution.

I tried it and was able to make it work.

1) There may be a limit of 10 test users. I am not sure but I was able to add a 10th test user.

2) I needed to use a valid email address that had never been used before as an AppleID. Using a previously used email address with "+1" did not work.

3) I have access to do this as both an "Admin" and an "Account Holder" - I do not know which of these was actually required.

More information.

1) I was able to create an 11th and 12th test user

2) I was able to use a pretend email address that looked valid - e.g. notARealAddress@gmail.com

(This means no one ever responded to any "Verify your Apple ID" email)

3) I was able to use that email to purchase IAPs in the sandbox environment

So the only advice I can give you all is try again and be sure the email has not been used before as an AppleID.

Only caveat: I have access to do this as both an "Admin" and an "Account Holder" - I do not know which of these was actually required.

I have an issue with this too. Come on, Apple.

I've just tried: looks like it is fixed now! It worked even with an appleID-email.

Same here. Tried on Safari, Chrome,Firfox nothing works!

Selecting birthdate date goes wrong with wrong labels! (this cant be missed by a tester om 😟)

Submitting the form gives always a sick making error! really sad to see this happening at Apple!

I'm having the same issue. It's difficult and so, so frustrating that this hasn't been fixed in months.

Here's how I got it working:

1. I created a completely new email address. The email+test@gmail.com just kept saying, 'Try again later.'

2. This password worked: `H8d!and12#mM` HOWEVER, this one did NOT: `G137&mmm69!upset`. So just keep trying, I guess. Or use the first password here.

3. The secret question answer had to be two words for me. Not sure why.

Work for me, thanks

Thanks a lot, this worked. This should be marked as the solution 👍

Hey guy i try open devtool here error just LOL apple just troll us

errors: [{id: "be6804b1-9c6c-4725-a9b3-d52b2a60bbe8", status: "409",…}]}

1. errors: [{id: "be6804b1-9c6c-4725-a9b3-d52b2a60bbe8", status: "409",…}]
    1. 0: {id: "be6804b1-9c6c-4725-a9b3-d52b2a60bbe8", status: "409",…}
      1. id: "be6804b1-9c6c-4725-a9b3-d52b2a60bbe8"
      2. status: "409"
      3. code: "ENTITY_ERROR.ATTRIBUTE.INVALID.DUPLICATE"
      4. title: "The provided entity includes an attribute with a value that has already been used"
      5. detail: "The email is already being used."
      6. source: {pointer: "/data/attributes/EMAIL"}

Come on Apple!!!!! This issue was opened in 2018!! Even with a brand new email address the issue is happening. PLEASE correct this