Playground running on Mac but crashing on Ipad

My playgorund is running a-ok on my mac using x-code,but when i try to run it on a ipad pro(or any other), the screen turns black with the loading symbol and i am taken to the lock screen to input my password, and after i do it, i am back on the main screen where the apps are.

I am clueless to how to fix it, if anyoneone could help i would be super greatfull

I am using x-code version10.1 and swift 4.2.

Replies

What technologies did you use for your playground?

i used

UIKit

PlaygroundSupport

AVFoundation

after i do it, i am back on the main screen where the apps are.

Yikes! It sounds like your playground is causing some significant iOS subsystem to fail (either triggering a kernel panic or causing the entire UI subsystem to crash). This should not be possible — the playground sandbox is supposed to protect other apps and the system as a whole from misbehaving playgrounds — so crashes like this are automatically bugworthy.

Please file a bug report about this. If you can include a playground that reproduces the problem, that’d be grand. Also, after seeing the crash, trigger a sysdiagnose log and include that log in your bug report.

Note For information on sysdiagnose logs, see our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

As to what you can do about this, that’s a bit tricky. To find a workaround you first need to isolate the specific part of your code that’s triggering this failure. Unless you have any ideas about what that might be, you have to do this the hard way:

1. Disable a chunk of your functionality.

2. Test.

3. If it still fails, go back to step 1.

4. Once it stops failing, start re-enabling code at a finer granularity until you know exactly what’s triggering the failure.

This is unlikely to be fun.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Was a litlle confused in the bug report but i sent it

Thank you for your attencion

I have experienced similar issue. Check if you are invoking AVCaptureSession() on viewDidLoad() as probably this caused the crash in my case. Now I am invoking it with a button click and it does not crash anymore 😀

I'm having this too, with only a few hours until submission 😟

I did solve the kernel panic thing in my own code -- I was overriding some view controller life cycle functions, which seemed to be causing it.

@Apple people -- I won't be eligible to apply next year, but please let people submit full iOS apps. Playgrounds is probably going to keep me from having a working submission, even though I have a working iOS app. After a ton of hours put in, that feels bad :-/