App Units per Source Type has been broken since March 8

Something happened on March 8th that has caused attribution of App Units in App Analytics to be completely bass ackwards.

If you view App Units and split them by Source Type, you will see what I mean.

In all our apps, we see a crash of Search and Referral App Units by 90% or more, and Browse App Units increase accordingly.

This is 7+ apps over two different accounts.

And every other person I have asked in the business see the exact same thing.

It has been 11 days since this happened, and I've yet to receive any acknowledgement from Apple's side that this is a problem.

Replies

Same here. Stats are really confusing. Also on few apps

We have exactly the same problem in our Analytics, very confusing.

Same thing from March 08

It seems that someone swapped the Search and Browse App Units data

Check the screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/3cqEwgM0_-lWzQ

Same here. Also on a few apps.:(

Any updates on this? Traffic has also been just like described above.

Looks fixed now on data from March 17

Same here.

I have put inquiry on this issue and all I got was somewhat automated message

"It is common to see fluctuations in App Analytics measurements such as Impressions, Product Page Views, Sales, and Installations. There may be periods in which you see high volume and other periods of low volume.

We aren’t able to speak to changes in your volumes over time or changes in customer behavior."

And when I pointed out that the source type App Store Search is included in the App store connect and compared the huge discrepancy between App Analytics vs Search Ads, all I got was this:

“App Analytics and Search Ads Reports are used for different purposes and therefore capture metrics differently. While you may see metrics with the same labels (such as Impressions) in App Analytics and in Search Ads Reports, these metrics and attribution windows are not defined in the same way, and result in different data. Comparing data from these two tools is not recommended."

Even we consider that the attribution windows and how the metrics are defined in each platform, this looks very bizarre, yet apple does not acknowledge if anything is wrong…

Yeah I got the same unhelpful responses, word for word. It's almost as if the support team have no idea what they're talking about.

And every account manager we have on Apple's end has told me there's nothing they can do. The Analytics team seems to be sequestered in a bunker on the moon for how much other teams seem capable of contacting them when something is broken.

Same here...

Around March 8th our reported sales/units went from showing downloads every day to a flatline/zero.

And it looks like every "Contact" link on the Apple Developer website has been disabled. W...T... F?