IAP require multiple rounds of purchasing to fully unlock and function.

I have an issue where I have two IAP that both require me to go through multiple rounds of the purchasing process to unlock the content and have the IAP buttons disappear. The first IAP is to remove ads, while the second is to unlock all the game's characters. Below are the steps I take and what happens for each. Has anyone run into this type of issue before, and if so, what was the root cause?

For removing ads:

1. Tap the 'Remove Ads' button and receive the Apple ID log-in.
  2. Log-in with my Apple ID and nothing happens.
  3. Tap the 'Remove Ads' button again and receive the Apple ID log-in again.
  4. Log-in again with receive the 'Confirmation To Purchase' pop-up.
  5. Select 'Buy' and receive the 'You're All Set' pop-up.
  6. Select 'OK' and the ads are techinically disabled, but the 'Remove Ads' button is still present.
  7. Tap the 'Remove Ads' button again and receive the 'Confirmation to Purchase' pop-up.
  8. Tapping 'Cancel' will close the pop-up, while 'Buy' will give me the 'You've Already Purchased...' pop-up; either option makes the 'Remove Ads' button finally disappear.

For the unlock all characters:

1. Tap the 'Unlock All' button and receive the 'Confirmation To Purchase' pop-up.
  2. Tap 'Buy' and receive the 'You're All Set' pop-up.
  3. Tap 'OK' and the characters are still locked and 'Unlock All' button present.
  4. Tap 'Unlock All' button again and receive the 'Confirmation To Purchase' pop-up again.
  5. Tapping 'Cancel' will close the pop-up, while 'Buy' will bring up the 'You've Already Purchased..' pop-up; either option makes the 'Unlock All' button disappear. The character onscreen still has the 'locked' icon on top of him.
  6. Cycling the characters makes the 'locked' icon disappear and shows all characters are unlocked.

A few more notes/points:

- The steps above is for an iPad Pro with OS 12.1. The multiple attempts happen on other devices/OS, but steps 2 and 3 don't happen.

- The game is built in Unity and uses Unity IAP.

- This issue is happening in TestFlight as the game is still in development.

- If there was something wrong with the way the Unity IAP were implemented, I would think it wouldn't work regardless of the number of attempts to purchase. So, I'm confused as to what might be causing all of these issues.

- I'm also seeing issues when trying to restore my purchases after deleting the app and re-installing it. I can get it to where the game recognizes the restoring of the removal of ads, but will remove the 'Unlock All' button while leaving all characters locked!

Any thoughts on help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know any other details I can pass along. Thanks!

Replies

Hi Jason, We seem to have similar problems with an unlockable on iPad Pro did you find a solution to the problem?