error: failed to launch app -- iPhone has denied the launch request.

I was working on my app in Xcode and, after making some changes in Interface Builder and installing to my iPhone, this error popped up:

error: failed to launch '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/long number/MyApp.app' -- X’s iPhone6 has denied the launch request. (Where X is me).

I've tried:

Quitting and relaunching Xcode

Powering down and restarting the iPhone

Installing the latest Xcode beta 9.1 Beta 9B46

Toggling the checkmark for "Automatically manage signing"

Using Simulator (which works)

I've found reference to this error elsewhere and some people had success by paying attention to their signing. I'm signing as an iOS Developer, so I don't know what else to do.

Replies

Hi, i started facing this issue around the 13th-14th of this month. Did this resurface for you around the same time?

I experience the same or very similar issue that was resolved as follows:

Editing the Product > Scheme > Edit Scheme > Info > Executable to Change to Ask on Launch worked in that the app launched successfully on iPhone. However, when resetting the Scheme to its original setting the application did not launch on iPhone.

Seeking a more permanent solution I removed the Developer certificate as described in StackExchange (https://bit.ly/2HvxAfk (Solution 2: open Keychain Access -> choose System, All Items -> delete certificate Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority)), but when I relaunched Xcode my application would not launch on the device with exactly the same behaviour.

The following approach appears to have resolved the issue:

1. Removing the Apple ID from Xcode Preferences;

2. Relaunch Xcode to add Apple ID;

3. Add a new iOS Developmenet Certificate in Xcode Preferences > Accounts > Apple IDs using the Manage Certificates button;

4. Quit Xcode;

5. Relaunch Xcode & Application.

• Thanks so much! The first suggestion worked for me. I can't believe this is still an issue 2+ years later

Add a Comment