Balance carried forward?

Hi, I have an odd issue: I was expecting the payment for the last period and until today in "Payments and Financial Reports" it was saying "Expected payment date March 2nd" but today it says "Balance carried forward".

Do you know what "Balance carried forward" means and/or did you encountered the same issue? Could be an error of the new "Payments and Financial Reports" module or was there a problem sending me the payment?

Of course, the payment isn't in my bank account yet.

Replies

Same issue.

September payment was returned.

Description and payment reference number not provided.

Support is still silent.

Moreover our team cannot send emails to @apple.com, apple's mail server always return our emails with error "550 local policy violation".

John1 do you have expected payment date for october reports?

This happened to me a few months ago, and it happened this month too. The first time it was because iTunes Connect silently started asking for the Account type in banking details. You had to select individual or corporation. I was getting paid on time for years before this, to the same account and had made no changes to it. As for today’s missing payment (which is way over the minimum threshold) I have no clue. Again I just get the “Balance Carried Forward” message and of course, no expected payment date.

Here’s what’s infuriating about this.

1. No message at all as to why this is happening. Not now, not last time. I stumbled onto the solution previously and when I finally got an email back they shrugged it off like I had the incorrect information in my banking details and I had already fixed it.

2. When I called up Support last time, they said to email the financial department and wait a minimum of two weeks for a reply! Yes folks, two weeks. And there’s no option to call them.

3. Some of us actually treat developing for Apple like a job and expect to be paid on time, and have financial commitments that depend on these payments. So it’s crazy to me that with Apple’s success they can’t afford to staff enough people to handle talking to us or at bare minimum respond to an email with in a day or so.

Is there any chance I’ll get a payment a few days or weeks late once this gets resolved? I’m not holding my breathe as I have a feeling I’ll just have to wait till the next payment cycle.

Apple, I love you guys, but you can do so much better in this department.

Same issue here. I have not changed any bank account info for about a year, and did not have any problems with payments during this time. A week or so ago I looked at the Reports Payments page and the planned payment date was set to March 7. When there was no payment on that date, I went to Reports and Payments page again an there were no planned or paid date but it said 'Balance Carried Forward'. It is almost a week passed from the original planned payment date, and I still have not got the payment. I wrote to the support a few days ago and yesterday they replied and said they are investigating the issue and that they will let me know when they get more info. So I hope they will resolve it soon. I don't want to wait for a month for this payment couse ItunesConnect is my the only income source.

Do you have any updates so far?

Same issue here. Did it get resolved for anyone yet?

More people in this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/114502

Are you using russian bank?

No, US bank. Thats good that something is changing. Let us know if it goes to Paid for you, hopefully it does soon.

Have not got any responses from the support. I have an idea why this happened. I wrote about it in the other related thread https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/352846#352846

Still nothing changed 😟

When this happened to me, I had given Apple the checking account number off a check. Well the checks were very old, and normally that shouldn't matter, but it turned out my bank had been trying to phase out those checks for years. So after a while they just got ****** enough I was still using them that they told Apple they weren't going to deal with it anymore.

And yes, it took a full 2 weeks for someone to get back to me on Apple's side. I guess they had to sail my request to The Iron Bank and back again.

Same problem. Does anyone use different payments systems instead of regular bank account ?