NWConcrete_nw_endpoint port incorrect endpoint type 3

I was workin on system using Network framework, last time i touch code was december, everything was working fine. Now, after i build app again and load to device, it shows on console such information. Application works fine. Can not find was has happend. The only i found on net is from 2-3 years ago, it was kind of issue.

Has anyone know where to look for solution?

[] __nwlog_err_simulate_crash simulate crash already simulated "-[NWConcrete_nw_endpoint port] incorrect endpoint type 3"

[] -[NWConcrete_nw_endpoint port] incorrect endpoint type 3, dumping backtrace:

[arm64] libnetcore-1229.230.4

Replies

I've just started getting this too, on a Multipeer app that used to work - I'm still digging as to why

I tried to use the MPCManager class as either instance variable at appDelegate or as Singleton.

No change.

I switched from delegation to NotificationCenter, but with no luck.
The above mentioned errors remain.
What's you best practice with a MPCManager class?

Does this error result in any problems observable at the Multipeer Connectivity layer? If not, I recommend that you not worry about it.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

This seems not to interrupt the connection.
My setup works as expected. I'll report back if this changes.
P.S. But the massive Errors, one stating "Something is terribly wrong" alienates me completely.

My setup works as expected. I'll report back if this changes.

Thanks.

But the massive Errors, one stating "Something is terribly wrong" alienates me completely.

Understandable. Feel free to file a bug report about this. Either something is “terribly wrong” or it isn’t. If it is, the Multipeer Connectivity folks should be able to act on your bug report. If it isn’t, this is just log noise that should be quiesced.

If you can include a small test project that reproduces the problem, that’d be grand. Also, please make sure to attach a sysdiagnose log to your bug (see the info on our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page).

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

I ran into this error too - in my case I was accidentally calling the method to get the InputStream and OutputStream from a listening NetService that I had published myself. Obviously this doesn't make sense - I was meant to implement the delegate method for when incoming connections are accepted. Once I fixed that faulty logic this error went away.

It could be something else but I'll post this solution just in case. Unfortunately there are only a couple of pages found by Google that mention this error, and the stack trace doesn't clarify anything. 🙂

helo, i got the same (logging.. ) errors on a simple sample of MPCConnettivityManager.swift as wider-spider.

it works, but a lot of logign errors.

App is a simple proof of concept, and calls are very similar to Appe WWDC2018 sample "SwiftShot"

(i Il will inetgrate in App when weorking fine...)

I DO HAVE a ZIP with minimal UI for both iOS and OSX.

Zip is here. (pardon some typos in code..)

https://ingconti.com//OTA/multipeerconnectivitysample.zip

(or I can share it on my bitbucket account... If Yiou want use GIT.)

I DO HAVE a ZIP with minimal UI for both iOS and OSX.

Cool. Feel free to put that in a bug report.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”