Modifying Security Roles for authenticated users not working in new CloudKit Dashboard

Records in the public database are initialized with CREATE permission for authenticated Users.

Changing the permissions to CREATE, READ, WRITE in the development environment and clicking "Save Role" leads to an endless refresh-spinner, very high CPU usage, beachballs and a very slow website-performance for me. The website freezes in this state. After reloading the site the Role-permissions are not updated.

Because of this problem it's not possible for me to update Roles and deploy them to the production environment, which means that some features of my app in production are not working correctly.

Steps to Reproduce:

- Create a new record in the public database of the development environment

- Navigate to "Security Roles" -> "Authenticated" and change the permissions to CREATE, READ, WRITE

- Click the "Save Role"-Button

Does anyone else have this problem?

There's nothing I can do to fix my problem until I can change the permissions for authenticated users...

I like some of the new usage and telemetry graphs, but all in all the new Cloudkit Dashboard has unfortunately been a huge step backwards for me. The features I use most are much harder for me to reach and it's really slow. If I could get back the old interface I'd immediately switch back.

Replies

Are you still seeing this? I'm able to update the roles to include READ and WRITE for Authenticated Users in containers in my account. If you're still seeing it, please get a bug report filed with both your user account that you're signing into the dashboard with and the container ID that you're trying to modify. Thanks!

Yes, unfortunately I'm still seeing it.

I already filed a bug report but I didn't pass along my account or container ID as I thought this would be a general problem.

Do you recommend adding a comment for that report or filing a new one?

You can just add a comment. Please post the bug number so I can make sure it's routed appropriately (I'm sure it is, but want to double check).

Thanks a lot! The bug number is 33077196.

I still can't save and migrate those roles. Is there anything else I can do?

Add another comment to that bug report! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯