No longer able to access Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles

Recently I've noticed that my development team is no longer recognized in the Team pop-up button in Xcode.

Upon further investigation, I found that I no longer have access to the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles section in the developer portal. My role is Admin. I have another member on my team who is also an Admin yet still has access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.

Does anyone know how I can regain access?

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAXfvmC_3eRPLq9-BSUX6DaFN3dwy1_XNxY

• Hello

Same issue I am facing I have admin role for enterprises account and my side apple certificate access not showing.

I also have access on same Id with another account.

Add a Comment

Replies

There are two different classes of roles...one for App Store Connect and one for Accounts/Program/Member Center.

Which of those defines your role as 'admin', because an admin in the second example requires access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, which can be provided in App Store Connect.

Ref:

• ASC User Roles:

Learn more about App Store Connect roles

• Program/Member Center Roles

https://developer.apple.com/support/roles/

I had a similar issue after the merging of App Store Connect and Apple Developer accounts. I was an admin on my team, but didn't have Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles enabled. It seems that Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles is a separate permission to anything else now, and doesn't implicitely get enabled, even if you're either an Admin or a Developer. On top of this, even if you're an admin, you don't have permission to enable or disable this permission for yourself (or others) unless you already have the permission.

For me, the fix was to find someone on my team who was already both an Admin, and had Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles permission, and ask them to re-enable the permission for me. After that, I could use my own admin account to enable that permission for those who needed it.

Do we know how to fix this issue in case of individual developer account?

I manage apps for a few clients, they invited me as admin but Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles option is off, and it's disabled when they edit my profile.

It looks at this point the only way is to login with main account and ask for a verificartion from them. And it's quite weird, what's the point of this 2FA change then?

Where did the Admin go to enable these Certificates, Identifiers and Profile permissions?

App Store Connect --> Users and Access --> [User] --> Developer Resources --> "Access to Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles".

If the checkbox is greyed-out, the currently logged-in user is themselves missing that permission.

Did you find any solution to this?:(

I'm also experience the same problem as dsfsfsfewfew. any suggestions?

I have also the same problem.

I'm the account holder, so I do have access to "Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles".

I grant one of my developers an "admin" rights, bun when i choose this user I see that the ""Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" is grayed (with the checkbox near it) and I can not grant him this privilage.

Any idea what can be done ?

See my reply to your same question in the other thread you similarly tagged:Option for Access to Certificates,Identifiers and profiles disabled

Suggest you start your own thread if you have further questions, rather than tagging someone else's, so you can better track & close if solved, etc.

Good luck.

Mine is greyed when I try to add it to a new user but when I view my one profile it says I have access so not sure this is correct??

I've got the same issue.

I have the same issue, has anyone found any further solution to this?

"For me, the fix was to find someone on my team who was already both an Admin, and had Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles permission, and ask them to re-enable the permission for me. After that, I could use my own admin account to enable that permission for those who needed it."

- this is wrong.

Thank you! This worked for me. I was an Admin in App Store Connect without access to certificates. After I was granted access to certificates by a colleague with that permission, I could then grant it to others.

Also, email from Apple today suggests that the permission can only be granted by others with the permission (see second paragraph). The email was received BEFORE I was granted access to certs, I'm including the first paragraph just in case folks find it interesting about upcoming changes to this Admin/Certs chaos.

You're currently assigned the Admin role without access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles for the development teams listed below. Starting August 12, 2019, all Admins must also have access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles. As a result, you'll be automatically assigned [demoted to?] the App Manager, Finance, and Customer Support roles. Please note that these roles will not allow you to generate API Keys or remove and restore apps.

To become an Admin with access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, contact the Account Holder or another Admin on your team who has access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles to modify your role. You can learn about roles by visiting the support page.

same here..... any solution ?