iPhone 8Plus is running iOS 12.2 not supported by Xcode

Hi all,

I've been developing an app over the last 8 or 9 months with a decent degree of success. However, I had to step away from the project for about 6 weeks. When I came back, I realized I could not get my mobile application to downlaod to my iPhone which I had been using as a test device (this is required because the app uses Bluetooth). I realized the issue was because I had a lot of different softwares all fighting with each other. My iPhone and Mac were both running on beta versions of their respective softwares. I tried using all three of the different Xcode betas with these operating system betas but to no avail. So I reset my iPhone and Mac to the standard release versions of their respective OSes. Still no luck, with any form of Xcode (Release or Beta).

So now I'm really stuck with the following error:

"Could not locate device support files.

This iPhone 8 Plus (Model A1864, A1897, A1898, A1899) is running iOS 12.2 (16E5181f), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode."

I'm running macOS 10.14.3 and iOS 12.2 on my iPhone 8 Plus.

I have attempted running this on Xcode 10.1 (newest release) all the way through all three betas of Xcode.

The only difference is that when I attempt to run on XCode 10.1 Beta 3, the software "runs" but displays nothing on the iPhone before I get this Xcode error:

"dyld: Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$__TtCs12_SwiftObject

Referenced from: /var/containers/Bundle/Application/62734D4B-ADA2-4DA1-B510-D54F24119F93/VirtualOrgan.app/VirtualOrgan

Expected in: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCore.dylib

in /var/containers/Bundle/Application/62734D4B-ADA2-4DA1-B510-D54F24119F93/VirtualOrgan.app/VirtualOrgan

(lldb)"

Now I'm really lost and completely stuck on this project. It's quite infuriating. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

>This iPhone 8 Plus (Model A1864, A1897, A1898, A1899) is running iOS 12.2 (16E5181f), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode."

I was originally thinking you had the same issues as others in the past w/munged installs, but now I'm tempted to take that admonition at face value, so let's back up a bit.

>I have attempted running this on Xcode 10.1 (newest release) all the way through all three betas of Xcode.

>The only difference is that when I attempt to run on XCode 10.1 Beta 3,

You should only be using the last Xcode 10.2 beta 3 with that device now. And yes, I see you tried to back that device down to release version iOS 12.2, but I don't have much faith in that process overall. You may need to treat that device strictly as running a beta until the next iOS release version hits the streets.

>I also have two Xcode betas in my downloads folder but I don't run those.

Seems to contradict what you said before, but whatever. I'd get rid of both of them and grab Xcode 10.2 b3, making sure that the latest iOS 12.2 beta is on your device, and live large....only....for now.

Good luck.

Replies

Use Xcode's Product menu, then, with the option key pressed, select 'Clean Build Folder'. Delete all versions of that app off your device. Confirm no errors in the navigator and go again.

Assumes paid dev program account vs. Xcode's free provisioning.

I guess you need to update your phone to 12.2 BETA 3

that helped in my case

my xcode not suport 12.2(16E227) Device

how can i add it ? Download link pls ?