Can't login to sandbox account

I've created a bunch of sandbox accounts at this point, and it's getting pretty frustrating. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

When my app launches, it shows the

Sign-in Required

Enter the password for .

[Environment: Sandbox]

prompt. But even if I enter the *exact* same password I just used to create a sandbox account, and signed into Settings with, I keep getting

Verification Failed.

Your Apple ID or password is incorrect.

Accepted Reply

If you have an un-finished transaction (a transaction for which you did not call finishTransaction) in StoreKit's queue, then the app will ask you to log into that test users account. It won't tell you who that test user is.

Replies

You use your standard Apple ID for CloudKit.

Oh. It didn't occur to me that they'd be different. And the alert doesn't tell me what account I'm supposed to be signing in to. It's a shame there isn't a way to use sandbox accounts for CloudKit, as well. It would make my life *a lot* easier...

Actually, it's not accepting my regular iCloud password *or* my Sandbox password, either.

So, yeah. I'm blocked.

This app *does* use IAP, so I definitely need to be able to log into a sandbox account. But I'm trying to add iCloud sync for some saved settings & such, so I guess I need to use my normal iCloud account for that. This is using *iCloud Key-Value Store*, which I'm led to believe is somehow different from CloudKit, though I'm still not 100% clear on the distinction between all the different iCloud approaches. So I have 3 questions, now.

1: is it possible to use a Sandbox account for IAP at the same time as iCloud Key-Value Store? It seems like it should be, since they're separate settings.

2: what account is it asking me to log into on launch, and why can't I login?

3: Is there *any* way outside of adding a debug setting in the app to clear the Key-Value Store? Even though the data persists across deleting & reinstalling, it doesn't show up in iCloud's "Manage Storage"

1)yes. You sign into the App Store only when asked to by StoreKit when making your purchase. ...........2). Your code is requiring a log in perhaps because you are authenticating a user. This is most likely your iCloud account. That is, unless you are initiating an IAP purchase or refreshing the App Store receipt. ...........3) there is no way to clear key value iCloud file unless you intentional store nil in each value. This is a good thing.

So, I never did actually figure this out. I eventually managed to work around it, but the app still asks me to log into ... some account? every time I launch. Still just says "Enter the password for ."

I'm not convinced that there being no way to clear Key-Value data is a good thing, because having that would make my life a *whole* lot easier. Especially since there's no iCloud sandbox, having this data persist invisibly makes testing & troubleshooting that much more difficult. Having a simple way to ensure a clean slate would be grand.

If you have an un-finished transaction (a transaction for which you did not call finishTransaction) in StoreKit's queue, then the app will ask you to log into that test users account. It won't tell you who that test user is.

If you're creating 'dummy' accounts that don't belong to real users, such as tester8@mydomain.com, be sure to actually log in to the Apple account via the web and create security questions.

After i did that, the accounts started working on my physical devices. Simulators are still not responding.

I went through the cycle to reset password on one sandbox account (iforgot.apple.com) that was over a year or 2 old and log in to the apple ID and it still wouldn't work. Then I thought as it was trying to connect icloud, I should try that next (process of elimination), I logged in to icloud on a browser and accepted terms and then was able to log in on the device.
  • Allow2's answer about logging into iCloud is the correct answer

• This answer is 3 years ago. And still, the only thing that managed to get me through

Add a Comment