Sticker Pack minimum version problem

I have a Sticker Pack target added to my app. The Deployment Target for the app is iOS 9.0 and for the Sticker Pack I normally just leave it at default (currently 12.1).

Now, with Xcode 10 I get a warning when delivering my app via Application Loader. With Xcode 9 this would not be a problem, and no warning was given when delivering.

ITMS-90747

Architecture incompatible with MinimumOSVersion. The app bundle at ***.appex specifies a MinimumOSVersion of 12.1 but contains a 32-bit architecture that is unsupported on iOS 12 or later.

In an attempt to remove the warning I changed the Sticker Pack's Deployment Target to iOS 9.0 to match the app. But this now gives an error when delivering.

ITMS-90208

Invalid Bundle. The bundle ***.appex does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist.

I don't know what to do to remove the warning. Is it even important?

Replies

Sounds like your app is going to need to go up to 12.1 as well. I got that warning last night too. Won't be a problem until March is what I read.

Thanks so much! Where did you read that about it being a problem in March? Just want to be sure we're prepared...

Also - does setting the app to 12.1 mean that anyone under 12.1 wont be able to download/install?

The warning I got just said after March you need to submit using 12.1. Which doesn’t actually mean it becomes a problem then for existing apps, just means it’s required then. But yes, I think it does mean if someone isn’t on 12.1 they can’t download it. So yeah, there’s that. They don’t usually make us **** up to the bleeding edge of the OS, so who knows what’s really up.

As I understand it, from March you have to build with a minimum of the 12.1 SDK, but this isn't the same thing as specifying a minimum iOS version that it will run on.

Seeing this exact issue (I have the same deployment target setup as superandy) and it's particularly annoying for me b/c it sends an email to all of our App Store Connect users, most of which aren't involved in the day-to-day of iOS development so don't know what this warning means. I went to file a bug report but from Bug Reporter I'm encouraged to file a "Contact Us" request with App Store Connect, so did that. Will update with more...

I don't think its a bug though. Just Apple trying to get us all on the same page.

Dev Relations got back to me with this:

You just need to remove the 32bit support for the Skimm Stickers StickerPackExtension.appex Have you done so and still get warnings? Please let us know whether the issue is resolved for you by updating your bug report.

A little bit to unpack here...

- I still think this is a bug, because I don't recall ever expliclty saying that I wanted my Sticker Pack to support 32 bit. It seems like a project setting that should have been updated automatically (or prompting after an update)

- I actually don't even know how to remove this properly. In my build settings, valid architectures are listed as "arm64 arm64e armv7 armv7s"... which is also the iOS default. Should I just edit that?

- My other targets have the same supported architectures, so it's not like the Sticker Pack is the only problem