This NSLayoutConstraint is being configured with a constant that exceeds internal limits.

Here is the full message:

This NSLayoutConstraint is being configured with a constant that exceeds internal limits. A smaller value will be substituted, but this problem should be fixed. Break on void _NSLayoutConstraintNumberExceedsLimit() to debug. This will be logged only once. This may break in the future.

Well, I don't want it to break. I would love to debug it. But when I try, it just dumps me into assembly. Is there any way to find out what "This NSLayoutConstraint" is? Thanks.

Accepted Reply

It's deep inside Apple's code. Not a single line of my code is included. There is no way I can tell what objects are involved. My Cocoa assembly debugging skills are inadequate for the task.

I am pretty sure it is just a side effect of whatever is going on with this bug: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/13037. (That's me. The new forums are really screwing me up with my multiple Apple IDs.) I had just been looking at something else repeatedly and when I accidentally tried to pan around in my map, I realized this was way bigger than just a console log message. It isn't broken "in the future". It is totally broken right now. I filed a bug report. I'll just hope it gets fixed before release.

I have to admit. Sometimes it seems like I am literally the only person in the world using some of these OS X SDKs. It's kinda scary.

Replies

What's the stack trace at the point where the breakpoint is hit?

It's deep inside Apple's code. Not a single line of my code is included. There is no way I can tell what objects are involved. My Cocoa assembly debugging skills are inadequate for the task.

I am pretty sure it is just a side effect of whatever is going on with this bug: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/13037. (That's me. The new forums are really screwing me up with my multiple Apple IDs.) I had just been looking at something else repeatedly and when I accidentally tried to pan around in my map, I realized this was way bigger than just a console log message. It isn't broken "in the future". It is totally broken right now. I filed a bug report. I'll just hope it gets fixed before release.

I have to admit. Sometimes it seems like I am literally the only person in the world using some of these OS X SDKs. It's kinda scary.

And the latest beta has proved that to be correct. Both the message and the map lockup are fixed.