What is a content provider?

I publish guidebook apps on behalf of small businesses and I’ve had a couple of them rejected under Guideline 4.2.6. The thing is, I provide quite a lot of the content - sometimes as much as half. I can’t get any answer from Apple about what they mean by “content provider” because it ought to include me too, and they don’t believe me when I tell them that much of the content is mine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

They want ALL the content to be yours OR for you to have written permission to use the content that is NOT yours.

• Did you appeal?
  • If so, what did you say?
  • How many times?
  • How many rejections?
  • What did each rejection say?
  • Were you told to make changes to meta data and not re-submit another build?
  • Were you told to resubmit?

>because it ought to include me too

No, it might not ought'a. Unless you own that content, and/or can show proof-of-rights to use from the content providers, you're just the delivery boy.

>I publish guidebook apps on behalf of small businesses

About that....expect pushback w/the expectation that those businesses obtain and use their own dev accounts, but again, and as chuck noted, if you have 'on behalf of' evidence, then furnish it to Apple via an appeal.

The content is protected by copyright and trademark. The content you create is yours. For example, I can't use it in my app. The other half of the content, the stuff you didn't create, is someone else's. Whose? Do you have the right to use it? If so, appeal showing Apple the documentation that indicates you have the right to use it. And the content that you created - did it use anyone else's trademarks? Did you properly footnote those trademarks?