How to search frameworks in an Xcode project?

This is my first xcode project.

I'm writing a plugin for another program.

The plugin takes the form of a mach-o bundle.

I'm attempting to use the Security framework for storing private key/certificates obtained from an API.

I've added the Security framework on the build phases tab under Link Binary with libraries and the framework shows up in the frameworks folder in the project navigator.

There's good information on how to use the framework, but I can't see any information about what headers contain function/struct definitions.

When I use the Find Navigator to search for the definitions, no results are found.

How do I find the header that a function or struct is defined in?

Replies

You can't search for them but you can display them. Open the XYZ.framework folder under Frameworks and then open the Headers folder and then open any .h file. There they are.

But how do I know which header to use? The Security framework has probably a hundred or more headers. How do you find where a certain definition is located?

I don't know how to do that. There might be a way since the program is able to search them. Good luck.

Once you hit CMD+Shift+F, look for Find > Reference > Containing, directlyabove the text/string input box. Click on "Reference" and change it to "Text". Then enter the string and search again. If the results are overwhelming, try tweaking the string to better filter the hits, etc.

You can try searching via the Finder, just be sure to filter on both visible and hidden.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT