Launch iOS settings from within the app instead of "app-settings:"

Hi,

We have a requirement in our app to open the phone's root settings instead of our apps settings(which can be achieved using "UIApplicationOpenSettingsURLString").

We have some flows in the app that should open the app's settings and some flows that should open the root settings.

We are aware of the fact that ""App-Prefs:root" can be used as the URL to acheive this. But we see all over the web that this may lead to app rejection.

Can you please let us know if it is valid to use "App-Prefs:root" to launch the Settings from within an app? Also, will this be considered valid if "App-Prefs:root" is added under URL types?

Thanks,

Aravind V

Replies

See this post for some general guidelines on this front.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks.

I did go through the above mentioned thread and many other threads even before you mentioned it.

I agree "App-Prefs:root" is not public anymore, but I see some reporting that they have passed Apple's approval using "App-Prefs:root" while some have reported their apps have got rejected.

Can you please be very clear as to whether this would cause app rejection? I'll have to take this thread to a CFT to work on a different flow based on your response.

If yes, we will go ahead changing our flow. If no, we can live with it.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Aravind V

Can you please be very clear as to whether this would cause app rejection?

No. Only App Review can say definitively what will or won’t be allowed on the store.

I can only say what I’ve already said: With regards Apple URL schemes, only the schemes explicitly documented are supported. Everything else is considered to be private API.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"