Document Folder Permissions and the Files App

Hi,

Apples IOS file system recommendations suggest putting user generated files into the Documents directory. My app allows users to create files so I want to do this, but I noticed that the Files app included with IOS gives users access to those files from outside of the user interface of my app. That's a problem for me because some of my user files depend on other user files and I need to know if they have been removed. Are the files in the Documents folder automatically made available to the Files app or can I can control whether or not they are available?

Thanks

Brian

Accepted Reply

That's one thing to save files in the document Folder (which is part of your app sandbox) and make them visible in the Files App (and potentially prone to deletion).

If you don't want your files to be visible from the file app, do not make them visible, by setting properly some info.plist keys.

Read details here :

h ttps://www.appcoda.com/files-app-integration/

Replies

Your chances of getting an answer will improve if you move the question to the Cocoa Touch section of the forum, which covers iOS development. You posted this question in the Cocoa section, which is about Mac development.

That's one thing to save files in the document Folder (which is part of your app sandbox) and make them visible in the Files App (and potentially prone to deletion).

If you don't want your files to be visible from the file app, do not make them visible, by setting properly some info.plist keys.

Read details here :

h ttps://www.appcoda.com/files-app-integration/

Okay thanks.