Cannot generate promo codes for paid apps/iap

For the last couple of days, we've been unable to generate promo codes for any item. A generic "code could not be generated, try again later" sort of message appeared before, but was today amended to include a "contact our support team" message, which we've done.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? Checking here, it seems last year for about a week the same thing happened for numerous people but not seeing any sign of it now. Curious if this is a wider App Store thing that needs to be fixed or more localized.

Replies

Yes, I have the same issues.

We have just encountered this issue today. Tried different machines and clearing cache to no avail.

We are just getting this generic message:

Can't Generate Promo Code

We're having trouble generating the codes. Please contact App Store Developer Support for assistance.

I am experiencing the same problem. This happened last year and I opened up a ticket on it. The problem eventually resolved itself but it took quite some time. I am having the same issue with two different developer accounts. The similarity is that a new update was approved and released to the app store in both accounts the day before.

Yes! Same issues here for three days now.

Same issue.

Same issue here. I contacted support. Still waiting to hear back.

Encountered the same issue just now

Same issue here. Have opened a support request.

Same issue. I am waiting for relay by developer support team.

I have the same issues.

Can't Generate Promo Code

We're having trouble generating the codes. Please contact App Store Developer Support for assistance.

Same issue, I think this is a big problem.

some issue for all apps on my account

We're experiencing the same issue - is there anything we can do but sit and wait?

Our company is having the same issue. I believe we'll have to just wait.

Same issue here.