Where can I find the source code for IOUSBHostHIDDevice?

I searched through IOUSBFamily & IOHIDFamily source code, but can't seem to find the source for IOUSBHostHIDDevice.

Anybody knows where I can find it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Reply

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but

IOUSBHostHIDDevice
is not part of Darwin.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

I have a legacy driver for an input device that derives from it (as per I/O Registry) that I'm trying to re-write the driver for. (The original driver source is unfortunately not available for reference). I wanted to step through the code to see the functionality it adds to IOHIDDevice, it's super class.

Also, the source for Apple's USB Optical mouse driver derives from IOUSBHIDDriver, instead of IOUSBHostHIDDevice. I would like to investigate what's the difference between these two base classes.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but

IOUSBHostHIDDevice
is not part of Darwin.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

That makes sense then. I searched through the various darwin source tarballs, and I couldn't find anything.

Are there then any sample drivers based on IOUSBHostHIDDevice? I couldn't find that either from the developer kits. Then again, I'm new Mac drivers, and therefore can't be absolutely certain I have looked everywhere.

Thanks

Are there then any sample drivers based on

IOUSBHostHIDDevice
?

I don’t know, sorry. If you don’t find this elsewhere, I recommend that you open a DTS tech support incident to see if one of my colleagues has any pointers (I’ve dabbled in both USB and HID, but it’s never been one of my core responsibilities).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”