7 Replies
      Latest reply on Jan 13, 2019 7:20 AM by KMT
      PatrickM Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I saw something somewhere about a Privacy Policy being required in October 2018.  I think it said for new and updated apps, but I'm curious about apps already in the store.  Any info or links would be appreciated.

Regards, Patrick

• Re: Is a Privacy Policy required soon?
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (14,185 points)

Required for new and updated means not mandated for existing/phased in, usually. They'll get you next time.

max71 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi KMT,

I would like to publish my first app just for test and, for the time being, I still haven't a website neither a privacy policy

Considering the test purpose, is it possible not to fill URL fields and complete the distribution process without be rejected ?

Many thanks

Regards

Massimiliano

If you mean via testFlight, as that page, for an app in ASC, notes: "Complete test information is required to submit a build for external testing."

App Review can't reject something they don't review, and a review isn't required for apps that only target internal testers.

Thanks KMT for your prompt feedback.

Yes I want to test it with testFlight and I was referring to URLs requested in App Connect (  tab "App information" and "App IOS 1.0 in preparation" - see screenshots below )

So I can leave blanks the  below fields without risk of rejections, is it correct my understanding?

Many thanks in advance

Max

> want to test it with testFlight

Do you understand the difference between internal and external (testflight) testing? Which of those will you be doing?

External testing

The problem is that I don't have a website neither a privacy policy - but this is just because before I want to know if my app works and is appreciated and then going ahead with website development  / privacy requirement .. ( as logical steps sequence - in my opinion )

So..is there a chance to pass the review just for external testing without providing policy's URL ?

Many thanks