Xcode 10 beta 1/2/3 build failed: Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS.

I use Xcode 10 beta 3 to create a single demo app, when builds, it failed and shows: Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS.

The full message belows:

2018-07-04 16:40:32.249 ibtoold[2244:210597] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEInterfaceBuilder/IDEInterfaceBuilder-14295.6/InterfaceBuilderKit/Utilities/IBAbstractInterfaceBuilderPlatformToolManager.m:419

Details: Failed to attach to IBAgent-iOS with error: Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=IBAgent-iOS (2246) failed to launch and exited with status 11, NSUnderlyingError=0x7febf5825320 {Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Failed to launch IBAgent-iOS via CoreSimulator spawn" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to launch IBAgent-iOS via CoreSimulator spawn, NSUnderlyingError=0x7febf5826ab0 {Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Failed to handshake with platform tool" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to open connection over FIFOs with platform tool, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to handshake with platform tool, NSUnderlyingError=0x7febf5824a00 {Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "" UserInfo=0x7febf046bf90 (not displayed)}}}}}, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Please check Console.app for crash reports for "IBAgent-iOS" for further information., NSLocalizedDescription=Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS.}

So, what's up? And how can I solve it? Anyone help me please..

Replies

Same issue retail relase of Xcode 10 on Mojave.

Any word on a fix for this? Trying to create an app and get the same error.

I ended up deleting Xcode and downloading a new version from the Developer download site. that fixed it. Best of luck!

Michael

same issue with Xcode 10.1 official release on macosx 10.14 mojave or 10.14.2.

Are you using NSLocalizedString ?

If so, could you show the related code ?

I am having same issue

XCode Version = 11.3.1 (11C504)

Catalina OS Version = 10.15.3 (19D76)