Missing code

Hello, im new to Xcode, However im following lessons, via courses and youtube,

HOWEVER im getting annoyed because the auto code used in these lessons DO NOT apear in my version? for examaple! 'mapscreen' - Xcode tells me USE OF UNDECLARED TYPE..... how im follow the exact protocal is instructed... what am i doing wrong or is there missing auto code

PLEASE HELP!?

Replies

In your example, it's important to remember that while there are seemingly endless amounts of tutorials, etc. on the 'net etc. the tools advance at a rate that tends to obsolete them very quickly.

For newbies, this presents a mine field of liability where the skill to know how to tread is typically missing.

In your case, you may want to start by stating which version Xcode you're using, and by quoting any errors, specifically, rather than paraphrasing. Feel free to add a bit of the related code to your question. See: For Best Results - Read the Label

As well, until you get your feet underneath you, it might be better to stick with Apple's tutorials, direct from the mothership.

About use of undeclared type, there can be a raft of issues - see this SO thread for examples:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38515522/swift-use-of-undeclared-type?rq=1

...but again, without seeing your code, it's hard to even guess.

Good luck.

Why be so secretive, if you want help.

USE OF UNDECLARED TYPE.....

Instead of suspension points, give the type !

And post the code where you get the error, with the complete class definition if possible.