Can't add constraints to certain view controller

I am terrible with constraints so sometimes use "Add Missing Constraints" or "Reset To Suggested Constraints" buttons.

But when I click on either one of them it gets an "Failed To Automatically Update Constraints" error.

Description of error:

Interface Builder encountered an internal error while attempting to automatically update constraints. Your most recent change has been automatically reverted.

A folder of diagnostics files has been created. Please file a bug at (apple bug report site) and attach an archive of the diagnostics folder.

For all other view controllers this works.

Link to Picture:

ibb.co/6vkPhHP

Thanks to all help!!

Accepted Reply

You're not alone, sometimes constraints may be terrible. In fact, I often leave a few alerts (yellow signs) on constraints, to avoid getting a mess using use "Add Missing Constraints" or "Reset To Suggested Constraints".

May be you should return to the original error that make XCode propose such "Add Missing Constraints" or "Reset To Suggested Constraints".

Could you show the detailed warning for one case of such error ?

Which version of XCode ?

When you select the vieewController in IB and then open the File inspector (firts icon in inspector's toolbar), what are the XCode versions mentioned in "interface Builder Document" section ?.

May be you have to sync "opens in" with the XCode you are using ?

Replies

You're not alone, sometimes constraints may be terrible. In fact, I often leave a few alerts (yellow signs) on constraints, to avoid getting a mess using use "Add Missing Constraints" or "Reset To Suggested Constraints".

May be you should return to the original error that make XCode propose such "Add Missing Constraints" or "Reset To Suggested Constraints".

Could you show the detailed warning for one case of such error ?

Which version of XCode ?

When you select the vieewController in IB and then open the File inspector (firts icon in inspector's toolbar), what are the XCode versions mentioned in "interface Builder Document" section ?.

May be you have to sync "opens in" with the XCode you are using ?