codesign wants to access key "access" in your bunch of keys

Hi,

my apps run on the iOSSimulator without problems and used to run on devices as well, but after updating to latest XCode-Version I am getting the above error message when trying to run an app on my iPhone 7. It says :

"codesign wants to access key "access" in your bunch of keys . To allow this enter your password".

... but my apple-Developer-ID-Password doesn't work.

And until updating to latest XCode-Version I never had any problems with codesign when running an app on iPhone device.

Any hints what's going wrong ?

XCode Version 9.1 (9B55)

iOS Version 11.1.2 (15B202)

Latest High Sierra Version, macbook Pro 2015

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of runner242 Down vote post of runner242
115k views
  • my user-pw and apple-id-pw didn't work... So I just left it empty and pressed enter. xCode continued building my app then.

Add a Comment

Replies

The new Xcode probably just needs to reauthorize access to your signing certificate. The password for your keychain is normally your user's password (the one you use to log in on your computer).

Unfortunately it is not the user's password. It would have been easy, if it was.... Fact is, that I even do not have etablished a bunch of keys in my system properties on my macbook, I do not know, why XCode suddenly wants to access some key that is called "access".

When this message appears ".... wants access to key access" the window offers three options : Allow always, Deny, Allow. For some reason it did not work when I click on Allow, but it worked when I click on "Allow always". And yes : It's the user's password. Thanks for help.

• You are a lifer saver! thx man it's the user password and the always allow that make this work Still don't get why allow does not work though

• Really a life saver, thank you!

• Thanks❕

Unbelievable... but this worked! Thanks @runner242

• I've been two days trying to fix this issue. I can't believe this is the solution! Thanks!

• Thank you for solution.

Add a Comment

Thanks. Also, "Allow always" always returns when I re-start Xcode, so far.

Thank you so much for your help, I hope Apple will fix this issue soon.

Thanks very much. It took me hours of annoyance, but the solution is so simple.

So do not make any changes to the keychain, as is told on many sites.

I ran into this same problem-- thank you for posting the solution. Filed a bug for Apple.

when this message first showed up I had clicked deny to get the pop up to go away, and now I can't get it come back and the build just keeps failing. So is there a way to make the message show up again? I have tried restarting Xcode, but it still doesn't show back up.

I didn't get the "Always allow" button so the solution didn't work for me. What worked instead was opening "Keychain Access" tool, dragging the keys from under iOS developer (...) to login (dunno if this step was necessary, at least the private key didn't seem to move) and then deleting the iOS developer (...) keychain (right click -> delete).

• I did exactly what you wrote and it solved my problem. Many thanks! :)

• This solution worked for me. Thank you:)

Add a Comment

thank you!! this helped me. It take hours to find solution..

Wow... I spent an hour trying to get past this. Why would "Allow" NOT work and "Always Allow" work... ohh Apple engineers.

thanks, same issue resolved with your solution

Thank you soo much!

Presumably because it is trying to access it multiple times. Either allow one of those times, or all of them.