Not Receiving Auto-Renewable Subscription Server Notifications

We want to start collecting the Auto Renewable Subscription notifications as described here:

https://help.apple.com/itunes-connect/developer/#/dev0067a330b

We're using Flask/Gunicorn/Nginx on a Google Compute Engine instance. All the SSL implementation is working, and it receives/works fine with all of our cURL tests. However, we have yet to see anything post from Apple. I added the "Subscription Status URL" to our app 2 days ago, we've had hundreds of subscription events (indicated in our analytics), but have not had any connection attempts from a legitimate server besides our tests (that we can see in our NGINX access logs).

How long does it take for Apple to start sending the notifications? Do we need to release an update to the app for it to go live?

Replies

Hi

We are also not receiving any notifications on a URL we have setup. Our server is setup on Amazon EC2. Our cURL tests are working fine. Also we have setup SSL and this is also working properly via cURL.

Any way to know if the Apple server is sending notifications or if it is receiving any error from our server?

I'm also having problems regarding to the Apple's subscriptions notifications.

When I first subscript a product, my server receives a

INITIAL_BUY notification, which is right.

But when the subscription expires, I receive no renew notifications. The renew notification arrives more than 10 minutes late, and the subscription period on sandbox environment is only 5 minutes.

Is this delay normal on test environments?

Should I expect the same delay on production?

Tks,

Sidnei

Hello, I'm also not receiving any notifications on a URL.

Am I the only one?

I filled a bug report : https://bugreport.apple.com/web/?problemID=45139272

Under investigation.

nscurl --ats-diagnostics **URL**

Starting ATS Diagnostics

Configuring ATS Info.plist keys and displaying the result of HTTPS loads to **URL**

A test will "PASS" if URLSession:task:didCompleteWithError: returns a nil error.

Use '--verbose' to view the ATS dictionaries used and to display the error received in URLSession:task:didCompleteWithError:.

================================================================================

Default ATS Secure Connection

---

ATS Default Connection

Result : PASS

---

================================================================================

Allowing Arbitrary Loads

---

Allow All Loads

---

Configuring TLS exceptions for **URL**

---

TLSv1.3

2018-11-28 19:07:37.110 nscurl[26863:1382085] NSURLSession/NSURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9858)

Result : FAIL

---

---

TLSv1.2

---

---

TLSv1.1

---

---

TLSv1.0

---

Configuring PFS exceptions for **URL**

---

Disabling Perfect Forward Secrecy

---

Configuring PFS exceptions and allowing insecure HTTP for **URL**

---

Disabling Perfect Forward Secrecy and Allowing Insecure HTTP

---

Configuring TLS exceptions with PFS disabled for **URL**

---

TLSv1.3 with PFS disabled

2018-11-28 19:07:38.025 nscurl[26863:1382073] NSURLSession/NSURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9858)

---

---

TLSv1.2 with PFS disabled

---

---

TLSv1.1 with PFS disabled

---

---

TLSv1.0 with PFS disabled

---

Configuring TLS exceptions with PFS disabled and insecure HTTP allowed for **URL**

---

TLSv1.3 with PFS disabled and insecure HTTP allowed

2018-11-28 19:07:38.665 nscurl[26863:1382084] NSURLSession/NSURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9858)

---

---

TLSv1.2 with PFS disabled and insecure HTTP allowed

---

---

TLSv1.1 with PFS disabled and insecure HTTP allowed

---

---

TLSv1.0 with PFS disabled and insecure HTTP allowed

---

@Apple : My bug report is still pending.... please help me !

Thanks.

It seems apple stopped sending server notifications updates after 5 fails, and i don't know how to tell apple to restart sending stuff on my fixed url..... PLEASE ADVICE !!!! Thanks.

Still no answer yet from Apple Bug Report team... waiting for 2 months !!!!

Thank you.

Hi! Did you solve the problem? Is information about Apple stops sending notifications after 5 fails is true?

Hi, Is this issue get solved by anyone. I am facing the same problem. When I setup server to server notification for auto-renewal subscription, then first few days it worked fine, that the S2S notifications were comming on my URL provided, but after some days(8-10 days), I am not getting the S2S notification. Please share here if someone is able to resolve this issue.
Thank you.

Same over here. Not receiving Apple notification. Any hint?

Code Block
Hi

We have this problem too , also not receiving any notifications . we have an Amazon EC2 middle server that works fine on google push notification. URL tested and works fine. SSL certification is activated.Any way to know why we cannot receive the Apple server is sending notifications ?

Hi,

Same. Has anyone fixed this?