esim frameworks

Hi All,

How and where we can access esim frameworks?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

What do you mean by eSim framwork ? What do you want to do ?

Have you looked at Core Telephony framework ?

Even I also have some question related to Core Telephony and eSIM.

Can you check this question which I have posted on StackOverflow?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53605419/how-to-use-function-addplan-to-enable-e-sim-profile-in-ios-device

While there are eSIM APIs in the public SDK, eSIM integration is not supported for general developers. If you’re working with a carrier on this task, you will need to get help via your carrier’s contact at Apple.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

After calling method addPlan of CTCellularPlanProvisioning how to show screens for label your plan and default line. What is api can I use for showing those screens or they show automatically as part of addPaln method?

can you tell me how to get help via our carrier? Do you need our carrier to provide you with something?

The organisation I work for, Worldwide Developer Relations, is not involved in supporting carriers. There’s a separate team here at Apple who does that:

• If you work for a carrier, you should escalate this internally to find out how to raise this with your carrier contact at Apple.

• If you’re working on behalf of a carrier — for example, as a contractor working on the carrier’s app — you should discuss this with your contacts at that carrier.

• If you’re working for an MVNO, you should escalate this to your ‘parent’ carrier.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
  • I work for a carrier with multiple brands, but nobody seems to know what a "carrier contact at Apple" is, or who it is. Two brands have gotten the eSIM entitlement years ago. Now a third one needs it. All brands publish their app using their individual Apple account. When I applied for eSIM entitlement I got no e-mail confirmation. Now I have waited for weeks and still no response. It is frustrating not knowing if my application was received at all.

• Now I got the eSIM entitlement. But no e-mail advised about this. I was lucky to go and edit the provisioning profile and check the entitlement dropdown box, as I have done a few times before, a now it appeared.

Add a Comment

eskimo

in a related question is there a generly avaliable way to get the current cellular carrier name (as shown in the status bar)?
Core telephone gives me the SIM carrier info, not the MVNO im connected to

We have entitlement from our parent carrier as an MVNO. How do we expose the capability on our app for submission?

We have entitlement from our parent carrier as an MVNO. How do we expose the capability on our app for submission?

Additional capabilities, like the ones necessary to do the eSIM thing, are team based. If your app ships from a different team than your parent, you’ll have to apply for the additional capabilities for your team.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"