Xcode 10.1 did not fix the iOS 9 asset catalogs crash problem

The release note declare resolving the issue that iOS 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 crash:

Resolves an issue that affected app compatibility with iOS 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2. Apps containing asset catalogs built with Xcode 10 whose deployment target was set to iOS 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2 would produce content incompatible with the runtimes of those iOS versions. Rebuilding the application with Xcode 10.1 resolves this issue.

I used thre newest Xcode10.1 realease version to rebuild th application and uploaded to TestFlight, but after downloading from TestFlight, our app still crashed in the same way.

Did apple really resolve that issue?

Replies

Filed for Apple as a new bug 45800843.

Archiving using Xcode 10.1 with actool from Xcode 9.4.1 seems to have produced a stable version of our app that works fine again on iOS < 9.3.

I have also reproduce the problem when I archive the project by Xcode10.1.

And i choose the Xcode 9.4 to fix the crash problem

Apple has updated the release notes for Xcode 10.1 to list this as a known issue rather than resolved. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_10_1_release_notes?language=objc

how to archiving using Xcode 10.1 with actool from Xcode 9.4.1 ?

Will it cause other problems? thanks

how do handle xcassets in a pod lib?

It has been a while now and no sign of newer version coming out to fix it :/

App Store has stopped accepting XCode 9.4 builds when I tried yesterday 😟

Update: It seems 10.1 Release Notes have marked this as resolved issue now.

From what I gether is that iTunes Connect fixed the ipa file uploaded via Xcode 10.1 on the server end. So no new version of Xcode is required. All you need to do is repack and reupload to iTunes Connect.