iOS 12.1.1 public beta 3 issues

I recently updated iOS to 12.1.1 PB-3 and all of a sudden random apps stops working.

E.g. Music, Podcast, Paytm, Zomato, and other apps which needs internet access, and Safari and few apps like YouTube are working fine on mobile data. but rest others are not.

Music app is been giving trouble since iOS 12 release, issues like no album art, unable to download any song etc are still there. Now after update, no single song can be played nor i could see any album art.

same error appear all apps 'A server with the specified host name could not be found.'

I've tried logging out/in apple ID for a refresh data but it is not working. Haven't tried backup restore as I don't want to do that for now.

Any known solution so far?

TIA.

Replies

same issue observed in my device as well ! when will we get a fix ?

Even I have the same issue, especially with Jio SIM card mobile data. I checked with Airtel SIM card mobile data, all apps worked fine. Also tried all websites and it is worked fine. This issue occurs only with Jio SIM card mobile data. I guess the issue because of some error on Jio APN settings. I also posted this issue in feedback app twice since public beta 3, but no solution or update for this issue yet. It's really frustrating because I don’t have access to any apps outside my home, due to this. I cannot book cabs using Uber or Ola, I cannot use any music apps, I even cannot able to download apps from the App Store. Need an immediate update by resolving this issue.

same issue, Using jio net which doesnt support 3g network which is why the issue. Its like being handicapped literally no internet when out of home or office. Been desperaetely waiting for an update. Cant even downgrade doesnt suit the back up file all data loss.

Hello Team,

I have updated to ios 12.1.1 beta 3 on iphone 6s since then jio (india) lte is not working properly on the phone. some apps like app store, youtube, safari open but icloud, amazon saying no internet connected.
I reset the network settings, restore to phone still the issue persist when i downgraded the phone to iOS 12.1 official release it is working fine. What is the solution for this. becuase i can't restore my backup on official release too.

I am having the same problem on Jio network and I think according to me the restoration is the solution for this problem which means you have to downgrade you IOS from 12.1.1 to 12.1

Facing same issue observed in my device as well ! when will we get a fix ?. This issue occurs only with Jio SIM card mobile data

Exactly facing similar issues in my iPhone as well with Jio sim

Even I have the same issue, especially with Jio SIM card mobile data. I checked with Airtel SIM card mobile data, all apps worked fine. Also tried all websites and it is worked fine. This issue occurs only with Jio SIM card mobile data. I guess the issue because of some error on Jio APN settings. I also posted this issue in feedback app twice since public beta 3, but no solution or update for this issue yet. It's really frustrating because I don’t have access to any apps outside my home, due to this. I cannot book cabs using Uber or Ola, I cannot use any music apps, I even cannot able to download apps from the App Store. Need an immediate update by resolving this issue.

Regards

Ramesh Kumar

Same issue on my iphone 6s .. some apps working and some not.. using jio sim .. but u can access all the apps with mobile data by using vpn .. when i connect vpn all apps started working which werent working through data connction

The update is out guys

Hi Everyone, A possible reason to this cellular network communication failure can be due to an outdated APN or Carrier settings. I recommend that everyone do the following : Settings> General >About Waiting for a few seconds or tapping on ‘Carrier’ may prompt the update. A pop-up screen asking you to update should be encountered. Click Update. Once this is performed. Wait a minute or restart the phone. You should be good to go. Take it easy guys 👍-1F3FC;

Don’t worry. Same happened to me right bow after updating to ios 12.1.1 Keep phone connected to Wi-Fi after downloading the update and installing it. Then go to iPhone settings. General. About And keep it on that page. The carrier settings for jio will show jio 35 which is not letting the mobile data work. It will pop up and show carrier settings updated after a minute and show jio 35.1 and after that mobile data will work. Cheers.

Thanks a lot for this tip. I was wondering about the same from a month or so and finally this helped me !

Regards,

Vishal

The official release is available now. Please update the issue will get fixed. Best of luck !

i faced same problem on jio network and i got a solution.

this trick worked on my iphone 7.

this is the solution

1) remove jio sim

2) insert airtel 4g sim and check everything working properly

3) now reset network setting without remove airtel sim and let phone restart and check again everything is working properly

4) now remove airtel sim and insert jio sim and check those apps that not worked before. in my case this trick worked

reply if ur problem solved or not