Accessibility Inspector does not work (Developer Tools).

Do you have a problem with Accessibility Inspector? I have reported a bug:

Summary:

Cannot inspect a developed app. The accessibility inspector "Start inspection follow point" (crosshair) button does not work.

Steps to Reproduce:

Launch a simulator. Launch accessibility inspector. Try to select an element inside the simulator.

Expected Results:

An element should be inspected.

Actual Results:

Nothing happens, or accessibility inspector hangs and the simulator quits.

Version/Build:

Xcode: Version 10.0 (10A255)

Accessibility inspector: Version 5.0 (73.25)

macOS Mojave Version 10.14

Do you guys have a solution for that?

Replies

I noticed the same problem yesterday - assume it is a widespread bug? I'm hoping for a fix soon.

+1 on this issue

I've always found the Accessibility Inspector to be a bit wonky, but now it just doesn't seem to work at all. When/If you manage to select a control, none of the actions (i.e., increment, decrement, activate, etc.) actually seem to do anything.

For the actions, it seems to be an issue with iOS 12.0 I ran my project under a simulator on iOS 10.3.1 and the actions events are working properly.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Like the others, it's not working for me with iOS 12.

I've been experiencing the same issue on Xcode 10.0, have you found any solution yet?

Any solution to the problem?
I have tried with different versions of IOS and it happened every time.

I'm seeing this same problem in Xcode 10 on Mojave.

Still getting this issue with today's latest version of XCode 10.1 + Mojave 10.14 + Simulator iOS 12.1. Any workaround or fix out there?

Not working either, using latest xocde with high sierra.

Even I notised the same issue. Good that you created a ticket for it.

+1, same here, it does not work for me on the device.

That prevents me to test Inverted Colors directly on the device.

The workaround for me is to use QuickTime Player, start recording the screen and run Accessibility Inspector.

Not sure it's the same thing but for me, when it goes wonky, it doesn't even bring up the device/process list to attach to and I have to `Force Quit`. Rebooting seems to fix it somewhat. Also quitting Xcode and cleaning `DerivedData` seems to work occasionally as well. But now we might as well just start muttering incantations and praying.

I will file a separate Radar for it.

Version/Build:

Xcode: Version Version 10.1 (10B61)

Accessibility inspector: Version 5.0 (73.25)

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3 Beta (18D21c)

Radar filed: #46811005

I'm currently facing the exact same problem, when I move the crosshair on top of the app nothing happens.
Something to be noted is that the Accessibility Inspector does not show up in Security and Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility to grant permission to control my computer as shown in the Docs.

Version/Build:

Xcode: Version 11.3.1 (11C504)

Accessibility inspector: Version 5.0 (89)

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.2
iOS 13.2 Simulator

Same issue here, only workaround i found so far is to select the simulator as the destination and tapping the play button which sequantially iterates over the screen elements (and reads them out loud). A tedious workaround but somehow works

I am also facing the same issue on the latest iOS 13.3 simulator with XCode 11.3. It broke totally for me even since i upgrdaded to XCode 11.