Apps "In Review" for long time

I used to submit games and they were reviewed within a week's time till mid-2018 but since September, my games keep going to "In Review" status and stay in that status for ever.

I did try to cancel the submission and re-submit it, but every time, it goes to "In Review" within 24 hours and stays in same status for weeks. Its been at-least a month for 1 of my app and almost 3 weeks for another.

App Id's : 1437438165 , 1435726513

Any one else also facing similar issues?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of rahianeja Down vote post of rahianeja
77k views
  • Today's date is July 3, 2022.

Apple review process is a mess. It looks like they don't have enough reviewers, or they are lazy and incompetent workers. They also don't respond if you ask them for status. This behavior is exactly what is behind legislations being forwarded in the US Senate to force Apple and Google to to open up their stores for third parties to post. (By the way unlike Apple, Google review teams work 24 hr/dy). Contact your senators/rep. it is bipartisan legislation.

• Aug 26 2022 - Currently in 21st day of waiting for a new iOS app review. Received a message saying only "We need more time'. Curiously a MacOS app was reviewed within 24 hrs - does Apple treat iOS apps and MacOS apps differently? And are upgrades treated differently from new apps? Is Apple under attack for being sole gatekeeper to the iOS platform?

• SimonKravis, not really. My iOS Game has been stuck in the review for the past 3 weeks. I worked on that game for 5-6 months and then submitted it on Appstore. It's painful, but we really can't do anything here.

Just waiting for a response from the App review team  :-(

Replies

Two apps, 6 weeks waiting in review, no response. Clients are sending us a lot of support tickets, it's bad for us.

Why Apple silent? Why Apple do not eplain us the reason?

Why we are waiting for?

If app not fit guidelines Reject it, if it is ok Approve.

If developer behaves bad, explain the reason warn developer, if keep going same behaviours cancel his developer license.

It is mobbing for developers waiting without any information.

Same problem here. What do you recommend? Reject and upload a new binary?

The same thing with my app.One app was in reviewed for 3 weeks,the others was "waiting for review" for 12days.

Please tell me what can i do ?

any updates? Was it finally approved/rejected?

My app is still waiting for 3 months "in review" status. By not giving any information, Apple makes developers and companies give up the idea of creating and publishing new apps to AppStore.

Apple has to change the review processes now, may be has to give a live status web page.

They examines the apps deeply and tells that they look for "hidden features" or "obfuscated selectors" nowadays, but this explanation is not enough us to wait the reviewing our apps. After they give this rejection reason, nothing is solved for clients if there is no hidden "thing".

• There is a bi-partisan legislation ( Open App Market Act) in the Senate to open up, Apple's and Google's App stores to third parties, but these two companies are heavily lobbying against it. Contact your Senators and Congress people's office to support this legislation. https://www.theverge.com/22914479/open-app-markets-act-legislation-senate-committee-markup-explained 7/3/2022

Add a Comment

So did anyone have a an acceptance after waiting so long ?

Any update ?

I am in the same situation... "in review" for more than 5 days 😐

My game was hold 1 months ago, and i don't get some useful info to about the rejected. One time i sent they a massage with a screenshot of my page. They sent me a reply to tell me my app still in review and take additional time.(but the red rejected notice still on my app icon)

So my app is "rejected" and "in review" now....I don't want to take 3 months to wait for nothing...can anyone help?

same here, waiting for 3 month,

we using unity3d IAP,

then we change to Prime 31 IAP,

still waiting, what can we do.

Same here, in review for a month now and still waiting. So frustrating. I have users writing bad reviews due to a bug that I fixed a month ago but can't get the update out to them due to Apple's slow response. Anyone had any luck in escalating? I tried to appeal a rejection and they just said you can't appeal a rejection as it's in review, but a week later it's still in review. Ugh.

We are also facing same issue .. Can you tell whats the step you used to get approval

Hi All, hope everone is doing good. anyone found solution for this annoying Waiting for Review for last 2 weeks??????its for the first time they haven't started my app review for that long time. Neither they are rejecting the app, nor staring the review.

Hi, hope you are doing good. you found solution for this annoying Waiting for Review??