Security & Privacy dialog quit unexpectedly With Prompt "Preference error,There was an error in ..." In mojave macOS 10.14

As we know,macOS mojave 10.14 have an new security & privacy feature that when app need access to camera or microphene ,they must first request user's permission,then the app will be added to the correspond device permission list ,this feature is the same as ios.

My app named CCLiveForMac ,however ,come across a headache problem after upgrade to macOS mojave 10.14.Simply, when My app get the permisson to access microphone from user ,then it is ok to be added in device permission list In Security & Privacy Dialog.

unfortunately, when I want to cancel the permission by unChecked myApp,then Security & Privacy dialog quit unexpectedly with the prompt

"Preference error "

"There was an error in Security & Privacy Preference"

I don't know this prompt mean deeply! then I try to solve this problem as these two methods :

1、 add NSCameraUsageDescription and in NSMicrophoneUsageDescription to info.plist https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1470833

2、add entitlements info when codesign https://objective-see.com/blog/blog_0x2F.html

Both of these two method cannot solve my problem, which realy frustrated me.Anyone who can help me to solve this problem ,I will appreciate very much !

Replies

To confirm, you wrote:

Security & Privacy dialog quit unexpectedly

which I’m interpreting as the Security & Privacy preferences pane having actually crashed. Is that right?

If so, that crash should have generated an Apple crash report. Please try to track that down and then post it here.

Also, such a crash is always bugworthy, so you should definitely file a bug with the steps needed to reproduce the crash. And please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

The Security & Privacy preferences pane quit unexpectedly without crash report file,but a prompt mentioned above! Thus, I am not sure that it is a crash or just The Security & Privacy preferences pane come across an exception when modify my app’s permission,it can reproduce everytime. macOS version less than 10.14 is normal. what can I do for my app ? Look forward to your soonest reply! Thank you!

without crash report file

Hmmm, weird. My recommendation is that you open a DTS tech support incident (TSI) about this issue, because that will allow me to allocate sufficient time to dig into this issue properly.

When you file your TSI please reference this DevForums thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi Quinn,

I have raised the same issue reported here over a year ago regarding the Mojave beta about the Catalina betas from 2 to 5 inclusive. However since I raised the issue on 16 July 2019 (via Apple's Feedback Assistant almost a month ago) and having made repeated attempts to get a response from Apple to date I have had no reply at all? I get the dreaded 'Preferences error - can't load the Security & Privacy Preference Pane'? None of the other perefence panes are affected. I believe this is connected with Apple's desire to separate the system partiton from the data partition to preserve the integrity of the system files. This appears to have made the systen partiton read only and damatically altered file permissions. I'm hopeful that some light will be shed when beta 6 is released but this seems to have dropped behind the other beta 6 updates which dropped last week? Is there a workaround to enable opening the Security and Privacy Preference Pane, if so what is it? Or maybe the solution will be in beta 6 and this is due to be relased very soon?

Rather than tagging an older thread on a release OS, questions on the betas are perhaps best put to the macOS 10.15 beta forum, and linking to this one, thanks.