Do I have to be a business to use Search Ads?

Apple requires "Business Details" to use Seacrh Ads.

I'm an individual developers in Australia and Apple requires a ABN (Australian Business Number) to use Search Ads. They do not have an individual entity option for Australians.

Anybody else experienced the same issue?

Any way I can use Search Ads as an individual?

• Have you found solution to your question?

Add a Comment

Replies

Quoting Apple's SA ToC 8.1.18 (emphasis mine):

4. Your Information. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information required to register with Search Ads and at other points as may be required in the course of using Search Ads (“User Data”), including, but not limited to, company name, physical address, corporate payment information, relevant tax information or other information as requested. User Data is subject to Apple’s privacy policy, which is accessible at www.apple.com/privacy. You acknowledge and agree that Your use of Search Ads and the Services (as defined herein) will require Apple to send email communications to You at the email address that You provide upon registration. You hereby confirm that any User Data You already have provided to Apple (including, without limitation, in the App Store application process or through prior use of Search Ads) has been accurate, current and complete. You further agree to maintain and update Your User Data as required to keep it accurate, current and complete.

Did you find out answer to this? I am facing same issue in India
I am also facing same issue in India.

@nshdl did you got any solution for this issue ?

• Check this link and Apple guidelines for Apple Search Ads: https://searchads.apple.com/help/billing/0034-tax-information

India

If your business location is India, and you’ve provided a valid GST registration number in India, Apple is not required to charge taxes on Apple Search Ads invoices issued to you. You must be registered for India GST to use Apple Search Ads services. Apple cannot provide guidance on GST or other taxes on Apple Search Ads services availed by you. Whether or not any equalization levy or GST is payable by you on a reverse charge basis needs to be analyzed by you with your tax adviser, and such taxes, if payable, would be borne by you.

Add a Comment